Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#596767 01/08/16 09:09 AM
RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
I am going to quote a small private school on something to replace some PC based intercom they have and has stopped working. But I need a little help in configuring the cabinet. Please pardon my ATT ignorance, I know Comdial/Vertical.

I am looking to configure a Partner+ for 22 phones. I have a 5 slot cabinet, and 2 206E boards that are good. Am I correct in assuming that I just need a processor card and 2 more 206E cards to make this work.

I do have the program manual, and have made some programming changes over the years for other customers. Just need to make sure that I've got the equipment correct. The system will not be connected to CO lines, it will only be used to talk room/room and office to room on intercom. They have all standard single line phones at the locations. Thought I would put an ATT set in the office. The stuff I want to give them is stuff that I've removed from service over the years. The Partner+ chassis I have was a lightning removal, and the 206E cards came from various locations, but do work. I discarded the stuff that was defective.

I am assuming that what I need is a processor (can you suggest which one I should be using) and 4 206E cards.

Thanks for your help.

RUSS K.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
If your looking at partner I would look at ACS 6 or better and 308 cards the the partner plus and 206 are too old and too problematic. I threw all that stuff out I couldn't in good faith charge someone for it .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
If you want to have voice intercom (versus ringing) you need Partner sets as well. If you are ok with ringing the single line sets are fine. You also want to make sure the cables are home runs and not daisy chained (2 pairs for system phones).

We are taking a good sized system back on trade next week with 24+- sets, an ACS processor and (2) 308 Cards we could sell you for a reasonable price if you are interested.

If you already have the 206E mods go ahead and use them until they crap out. Definitely go with an ACS, the release really doesn't matter but the newer the better. That way you will only need one more 206E but I would go with a 308EC as long as you are going to have to get one. That way too you will have spare extensions if things start going bad.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a whole pile of Partner sets, but they currently have home run single line sets to each classroom. Only need to have the control unit to get them back in service.

The way it originally worked was each room could only dial 0 to reach the office. If the office wanted to call a room, they dialed 2 digits, and then the speaker in the room came on, and they said, PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE. Was one way. Someone came in and used the ceiling speakers for a new bell system, and disconnected the original system. I verified that each phone is separate. Hence the thought of some of this older ATT stuff which did support IST extensions.

So, since I am not that familiar with configuring the hardware on ATT, It looks like I need and ACS processor and 3 - 308 cards. Is that right. The actual part numbers would be a help if someone could give me all that.

Thanks
Russ

RUSS K.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
If you go with an R6, R7 or R8 processor, you could add a 012E module. That will add 0 lines and 12 extensions to the system.

Part numbers are as follows:

(R6) 700216054
(R7) 700316474
(R8) 700469687

(308EC) 103G6 or 103G9

(012E) 108773896

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I think he wants to use the old stuff he has

... It looks like I need and ACS processor and 3 - 308 cards. Is that right. The actual part numbers would be a help if someone could give me all that.

You are fine, that's all you need to know, part numbers are normally not used anymore. Just ask for the latest release they have. Remember though that the ACS R1 through 6 provide 8 extensions so you will only need two 308 cards for a total of 24 extensions. The ACS 7 and 8 provide 9 extensions.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info. I called one the rebuilders, and they came up with all the newer stuff, so I quoted them on the newer stuff, and only used my 5-slot chassis.

I'll see what happens now. But thanks for the good info, since I have never configured a Partner, only replaced some bad modules.

RUSS K.
You do have 2 pair at least to each location dont you as the partner runs on 2 pairs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024