Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
PGM 228 &
Originally Posted by Tekamba
Person who I dealt with on-site is still telling me that he doesn't think the lack of voltage drop is what the problem is, but I think I've exhausted every other possibility.

As a test, you can take something metallic (needle nose pliers, screwdriver, etc) and quickly short the bridge-clips on the problem line. This will cause the voltage to drop to 0V, and your line port should release.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
Went to try your quick short test and when I put my butt set onto lines it is just a high pitched tone. Grrrrr!!!! I do NOT like dealing with telco's. They tell me someone will be here... "late afternoon"

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, that was my equipment, damn button on butt set was stuck (time for a new one I guess). Got it resolved and did a test call, when I hang up outgoing message continued to play until I shorted the line, then it immediately reset and the line was available. It is 110% the telco... now need to just get a tech out here that understands what the hell is going on!

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
When you log on using a web browser you just have to search for CCR pgm 228, and you enter the table for the ccr you are using...I assume it is number 1.

The DISA retry is option number 5 in system attributes PGM 160-161

Last edited by Derrick; 02/10/16 01:08 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
SUCCESS!!!! Finally managed to convince telco to switch pairs and voila! The system releases the lines promptly after the caller hangs up.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Now off to figure out the voice mail capacities. Just a few voice mails left and then no one else is able to. One thing or another... never a dull moment.

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Well, that is great news to hear that you finally got this resolved and we were happy to help while teaching you a bit along the way. The problem that I still can't wrap my head around is the fact that this didn't start happening until the new Summit system was installed.

Going back to one of my prior posts, I'm going to assume that the prior system didn't have auto attendant or voice mail, since this condition is usually detected only once this hardware is brought into the equation. A line that stays on hold for too long is often just picked back up by a human, and when nobody is there, they hang up and the line is clear. Not so much with automated answering equipment.

That being said, the telco having switched pairs likely resolved the 'split tips' situation that JustBill had mentioned earlier. It sounds as if he nailed this one. This problem has likely been there for years, but nobody noticed it. It's hard to do hard-core testing of copper cable faults without a lot of field experience. Lord knows that Bill has plenty of it.

Thanks, Greg for getting back to us with your results. We are here to help always. Your feedback helps our web search feature to link persons with similar situations to a quick response in the future. Far too often, we help to resolve an issue and never hear another word about it. Come back soon if you need us.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Tekamba Offline OP
OP Offline
I just looked back through the posts and realized I never clarified. While digging through all of this, I was handed an email where they detailed the process (back in mid December) of switching this office OFF a T1, and onto POTS lines. So that is why this problem wasn't noticed before. Not sure what the reasoning was for that, but that was the boat I found myself flung into. I just grabbed the paddle and started rowing to try to make it move again.

If anyone has any theories (besides cost?) for moving OFF a T1 I would love to hear it.

Greg

Greg Hicks
Tekamba Computers, LLC
[email protected]
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Downsizing most likely, plus if the t-1 was not a PRI you are better off with POTS believe it or not. Also a PRI card adds a bit of cost to the system. I suspect it was a frac t-1 with part of it used for data and if the data medium was changed to something else like a cable modem then the t-1 just for a few voice lines is not really cost effective.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,581 Shoretel
189,463 CTX100 install
187,617 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024