web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a pollycom IP7000 that we have connected to an ECS Via sip channel license. If a call is placed from the Ip7000 it disconnects after 30 sec. If a call is placed and transferred it dose not disconnect. Any ideas on what the configuration issue could be in the pollycom?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
What type of specific call- intercom or call to an outside party?

If an outside party, what kind of trunks are connected to the KSU?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
PRI are the trunks it is connected back to system via sip station. It is only an outside call. Intercom calls as well as transferred calls do not disconnect.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
In Hardware. are your SIP extensions programmed as DP extensions or as TONE. Should be DP.

What transport are you using in the Polycom phone? If it's set for Polycom, try using UDP.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Another bit of info – we did a packet capture on the line and the iwatsu system is sending a BYE command at 30 seconds which is disconnecting the call. There is basically no traffic on the line during the outbound call. Inbound calls you can see traffic between the two systems. It seems like to me that when making an outbound call, it isn’t really talking to the iwatsu system and so the iwatsu system closes the line.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I take it outgoing calls work fine if using TDM or IP phones, correct?

Does your Polycom work normally with internal calls? Do you have to modify dial strings at all? I only ask because sometimes ATAs require a '#' at the end of a dial string to signal no more digits are coming, unless you modify the strings in the ATA. Just for the heck of it, try dialing outbound with a # at the end of the dial string. The Polycom may be timing out waiting for more digits.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,125 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024