web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi dudes,

I'm talking about a Samsung OfficeServ 7030 with firmware first that the last upgrade (if I remember well is ending with an "e").

Pick up the product, connect to the lan, connect to 10.0.2.10 , web access with https with no probs. I buy this product from internet, via Ebay and the "default password" has been changed.

So, I startto diagnose the problem working on:
I use: ID: xxxx Pass: xxxx

1) ftp connection with default users and password is OK
2) telnet connection with default password is OK
3) web access have password changed..

I start to make the reset with button by seconds during the system online... with the system in boot.. but nothing.

Checking in the OS7100 directory with the terminal, I don't found any data in directory called data and in all the others.,... this is normal?

Last edited by Genesiscomm; 04/05/16 07:03 PM. Reason: No passwords please
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Please don't post passwords in the open forum.

So assuming you are an end user,you may very well need to get in touch with Samsung and request them to assist you with access to the system. You can also program through a keyset if that helps you but you may find that password has also been changed.

Why must he get in touch with Samsung? I'm sure there must be someone here who can assist him.

pvj Offline
OK Aurelio,
So if someone calls you for the first time and asks you to reset a password would you?Remember you don't know them, it's the first post and they are asking you for a backdoor password.Would you give the keys away to anyone?If they are legit,Samsung can help them out. As a dealer I certainly wouldn't want everyone having access like that .

I think the poster was just asking for help with gaining access to Web Management using the default password. I've read somewhere on the forum that it was changed in newer versions of the software so he probably wasn't aware of it.

I don't see it as problem helping someone by giving them the default password. Others here have helped posters via PM when they requested it so I was wondering why he was instead being told to contact Samsung.

I've just now searched for the default Web Management password on Google and the first result brings it up so it is readily available.

pvj Offline
He was stating the default password has been changed.Anyways, the forum rules ask that you don't post passwords in the open.So please don't.It doesn't matter if you can google them or not there is no need to post them on here per the posting rules.An end user can make alot of damage with the tech password.Maybe you don't mind if your customers do that but like was state here and in another thread,you can approach Samsung to help you if you need help accessing the system They have rules in place to do that to prevent just anyone messing with the system.In my mind that's a GOOD idea.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024