web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#599727 04/10/16 09:48 PM
OP Offline
Does anyone remember the registry item that we always had to add to the Talk Path voice mail units? It was something like "AABLIND???=0" or something like that. It dealt with transfer issues.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
The manual shows AaBlindDelay with the explanation to modify the amount of time between AaTransferPreXXX and sending the extension number to the switch.

There are other Registry items that are not in the book that I have also used such as AaDialPrefix, IntroVol, DirPlayExtension, MaintDeleteVox, max_silence, DVMIntroVol and SkipBlindStatus.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
SkipBlindStatus was what I was thinking of Dave. What value for that though, 0, 1? For some reason I couldn't get the UCD Ran announcement to grab menu 108 and play the message like it did with the 24 port PC based Pathfinder. It would say "Mailbox 1 does not exist" and hang up on the caller.I am not sure what I am missing. It is a temporary set up until I can get the 12 port hard drive installed later this week. Hopefully it will play nicer than this old Talk Path did. I have it set up as a 4 digit DVX Plus, as that is the closest system I could find to the XTS-IP. Hopefully the issue lies there.

OP Offline
Ok, I installed the 12 port inskin hard drive yesterday and for the most part everything went great. And then... As I am about to leave, they ask if they can still check other mailbox's by dialing 5450, # xxxx *, and I said yes (It worked earlier in the day). They said it wasn't working so I tried it and sure enough it wasn't. As soon as you hit #, it asks to enter the mailbox number, but any first digit you choose 1-9 it immediately says "mailbox x does not exist". It won't let you get past the first digit of any mailbox. I tried rebooting, I tried using a different menu and nothing works. The only thing I changed since the last time it worked was adding the SkipBlindStatus = 1, and I turned off first time help option in the class of service. I ran out of time to troubleshoot as they were closing, so I will be back out there today. Any suggestions?

when they are dialing 5450, assuming that is the hunt group for the VM ports, what menu is playing? Could it being playing a differnt menu because of a time control and that menu isn't set up for #

If you call in from outside does it do the same thing?

Last edited by oobie; 04/13/16 12:46 PM.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Dialing 5450 is a hunt group not a vm group so integration is not causing this problem.....

I have a question? This check other mailboxes is on the inskin? usually to do that you hit your mailbox key and instead of entering the password you hit # and then it will ask for the mailbox number and then you hit * and the password. Does it work that way?

Last edited by Derrick; 04/13/16 07:23 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Well, I am not sure why this happened but I figured it out. Derrick, I didn't try it that way. I have always dialed the pilot and pressed # xxxx * to go into a mailbox that belongs to another phone unless I had a 460 button, but I am sure your way works as well. The problem ended up being in the registry. The ONLY thing I added to the registry was the SkipBlindStatus, but somehow the mailbox length was changed to "1". This is what caused the issue. I just don't get how that happened, but I changed it to 4 and it started working as it should. I am surprised using a vm 440 (5440) key even worked if it expected 1 digit mailbox length, but it did. Anyway, just wanted to give the solution. Thanks for the input!

Glad you figured it out!

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, hitechcomm), 142 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024