Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tucci Offline OP
OP Offline
Older IVX system. Had to replace one A12 card and an expansion cabinet. Since that repair, the Caller ID operation has changed. On a 48 key phone, it only displays the Caller ID name. The CID digits are not displayed until the call is answered. I have made sure that the COs are not named. This happens on all the pilots as well as the DID numbers. ESI tech support says this is normal operation, but it was not doing this before the expansion cabinet and card replacement.

I have compared programming from before and after the service, and can find no differences in programming that is related to COs or CID.

This happens on the pilot numbers that are set to ring to the auto attendant as well as the ones that are set to ring a department, and also the DID numbers.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What is an IVX 256? I have no idea what that may be.

IF you actually have an IVX 128, what release is it?

The A12 module is a single line 12 port station module. It has nothing to do with the PRI programming. Unless something changed, program wise, everything should remain the same as before the module replacement.

If you can provide more information, such as software load and the actual system and rev, then we can help you.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Moderator-ESI - Executone
256 = (2) 128 X cabinets with an expansion cable between .
Not sure what is going on with the callerID though...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
I remember that swapping cards out would create issues with CO's, like messing up the line groups, but don't remember anything affected with caller ID.

I know you said you made sure the CO's are not named, but I would go into each CO and make sure there are no spaces inserted in the name. I think that happened to me once.

Aaron
Tucci Offline OP
OP Offline
It is, in fact an expanded 128. So it ends up showing as a 256X FSIII in ESI Access. The software version is 72.109.16. Swapping out the A12 and the expansion cabinet did change the line groups of the COs, which has been corrected already. Regarding the CO names, I went onsite and cleared out all the names of all the COs with a phone connected to the system, not with ESI Access. I did this by filling all the character spaces, then deleting the characters so I feel certain there are no spaces in the names of any of the COs.

@rcaman: YOu'd think that programming wouldn't change as a result of changing an A12 card and an expansion cabinet, but for whatever reason it did. CO line groups changed, and something else must have changed because now I have this CID problem.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by Tucci
It is, in fact an expanded 128. So it ends up showing as a 256X FSIII in ESI Access. The software version is 72.109.16. Swapping out the A12 and the expansion cabinet did change the line groups of the COs, which has been corrected already. Regarding the CO names, I went onsite and cleared out all the names of all the COs with a phone connected to the system, not with ESI Access. I did this by filling all the character spaces, then deleting the characters so I feel certain there are no spaces in the names of any of the COs.

@rcaman: YOu'd think that programming wouldn't change as a result of changing an A12 card and an expansion cabinet, but for whatever reason it did. CO line groups changed, and something else must have changed because now I have this CID problem.

Have you checked the CID with another device?

Tucci Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by upstateny
Have you checked the CID with another device?

I have not. frown All the info is coming through, so I never checked it with by butt set. I assume since the digits pop on the second line after the call is answered, that the information is being sent from the CO.
Another thing to mention: if I name one of the DIDs, the only thing that shows on the display is the DID name. No other info is displayed.

Last edited by Tucci; 05/03/16 03:01 PM.
I think the Caller ID data is being sent. The ESI is just not handling it properly. So, now I guess the question is What was the original setup, cabinet and module and how was it changed.

If the trunk groups got scrambled, that's a good place for ESI to "poke and peek" to see why the caller ID got messed. I would start with the card config and verify that all the modules are properly listed in the config. Next, you need to look at all the channels in ESI-Access to see if there is ANY artifacts left in the labels, like a stray weird character. Then, how about checking to see what the PRI is defined as. Did the protocol change? Most systems are NI-2, but some older systems are NI-1 or DMS or AT&T. Make sure that didn't get messed.

If all checks out, you need to get Scott at ESI to look into it. He seems to know more about digging into the code than anyone else there.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Tucci Offline OP
OP Offline
The system is set up as it was originally. The only changes that were made: Replaced the expansion cabinet and the A12 card in slot 1 of the expansion cabinet. The PRI card is in slot 1 of the main cabinet.
Compared before and after programming, PRI is configured as NI-2 in both.
I see no stray characters in any CO line names or channel names. I guess it's time for some more time on the phone with ESI....

could be a coincidence, Maybe,,, the callerid buffer is Full, when that happens You won't see any callerid until it is Cleared ( a master Tech can clear it ) so can ESI

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (aweaver, Professor Shadow), 160 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024