web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Good day gents.....have run into a forwarding issue that has me perplexed with an MICs w/ XC 4.1 software. Station 225 is set to Forward N/A (4rings) to 222, and Fwd on Busy to 371(VM pilot #).

His secretary, 222 is FWNA 6 rings to 371, and CFB to 371.

When I call in through the AA and select 225, it will ring 4 times then forward to 225 and will only ring a half ring before reverting back to the VM box for 222 instead of giving the secretary time to grab the call.

I have taken all the forwarding off 222 to test, and no matter what I do, when i select 222 from the AA, it will always revert to the mailbox for 222 even with no forwarding assigned in programming.

Never had one do this before...any insight greatly appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Greetings,
Check the transfer callback option. Which voice mail are you using?

John 807
OP Offline
Not sure sw revision, but NAM voicemail

OP Offline
Thanks John, the recall timer helped, but still not sure why it would revert back to 225's voicemail box, even with no forwarding assignments assigned under DN 225. Regardless, adjusting that timer got me enough time for the secretary to have a chance before it reverts, I'm just glad that's what they want because I'm still at a lost as to why it was reverting without any forwarding assignments. Thanks!!

Online Content
Its very normal to get the mailbox of the person you are trying to get a hold of.

If you want to try using Answer DN's which was designed for people to answer others calls.
Have the secretary's ring count shorter then the presidents to reach the secretaries mailbox, that way they can listen to all the personal messages.
lol

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

OP Offline
What I found strange was, while troubleshooting, I would take out the forwarding for 225 for both FNA and FB, and it would still revert to 225's mailbox, and I even went into the mailbox for 225 and assigned it to a phantom extension instead of 225, and when trying to call 225 at that point, it went to the message for an unit mailbox. I just could not find what was telling it to go to VM without any forwarding programmed for that DN. Never ran into that before. Luckily they do want it to revert to VM for 225, because I never did get it to stop reverting back to 225's VM regardless of any forwarding assignments. Thanks guys!

Online Content
I see..
Perhaps the Prime Set for all Lines is the DN of NAM and DRT to Prime Set is ON
So when no answer it goes to NAM (prime set) based on the DRT ring count.

This was a cheater method used instead of using CFNA.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 81 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024