web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Deeds Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I have exhausted all efforts and hope someone here can shed some light. Our unified messaging (fax to email) system in our voicemail server has stopped working. As far as I know, it's been about 2 weeks that I can recall getting a fax (I don't get them often) but an agent in our office brought it to my attention last week.

I did all my basic troubleshooting to make sure our system is ok, from rebooting the entire phone system and just the VM server to checking all settings in my session manager. I called in our IT guy for our network to be sure we were not having an issue there (we are not). I called our email host and they see no known issues. I called in our phone repair people who spent 6 hours here to find nothing wrong. Our last effort was to call our internet provider (Comcast) to see if they are blocking a port for outbound fax to email and they said they are not, although we can’t find any ports in our session manager to speak of. Even the phone repair guy doesn’t know where to find any ports, if any are there. So we are stuck.

If anyone has any further suggestions I would be glad to get them! Otherwise we need to find an alternative fax to email option, which would be a shame considering all of our agents have the DID numbers on their business cards, not to mention the hassle and expense this would cause the office as our phone system already has this ability.

Our system is Inter-Tel Axxess 5000, using database 11.004, DB Studio 1.67 version (Axxess CT Gateway written on server in server room).

Dee
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't have any suggestions on the fax problem, but I can clarify which phone system you have, which might allow someone else to help you in the future.

The Inter-Tel Axxess and CS/HX 5000 phone systems are two different animals, with completely differently hardware.

If you're at version 11.004, you have an Axxess system. The latest release for CS/HX 5000 is 6.2.

Deeds Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you DND ON. We did finally figure out that the problem was coming from a blocked port 25 from our internet service provider, go figure. Even though we have paid extra each month on our contract to NOT have that happen. They blocked the port and therefore all fax to emails stopped. We contacted them directly numerous times to be told each time that the problem didn't exist with them. At least we know now should this happen in the future. Thank you for your response!

Dee

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 135 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024