Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Have an issue affecting multiple customer and is as follows:

Receptionist answer an incoming call and transfers that call through to another extension. The extension takes the call and then places that call on hold, when they go back to retrieve the call from hold, call goes to speaker and they are unable to get the call off speaker, they must continue the conversation on speaker or hang up and call the customer back.

It is a very intermittent fault and i have been unable to replicate, although have had reports from 3 different sites. Common link seems to be a 16dli2 card.

All 3 sites are v4.93 - 2 x 7100's and 1 x 7200s

Hoping someone may have experienced the same problem.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I've heard of this issue happening a few times, i've only ever seen it once on our in house OS7200, my boss managed to-do it, he was using a SMT phone at the time (5220 from memory)

Had a customer on OS7200S do it today whilst I was talking to them on a digital handset.

Don't know the cause, it doesn't happen very often.

If they put the caller back on hold and pick them up again does it remain on speaker or work as normal?

4.93 only exists on OS7030. I'm guessing you mean 4.95 (current release)

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Open a ticket with tech support, this is a known issue. There is a T-Package release that we are beta testing right now from Korea that seems promising but it's only been out for a week so there isn't enough data to know yet.

The problem I was having with this issue is the user was putting the call on hold and just putting the hand piece on the desk and not on the cradle, this will cause it to time out and the phone will go back to an idle state and forget about the hand piece.
You can either get them to put it back on the cradle once on hold which is what I do or before they take them off hold just give the hook switch a press to bring the hand piece back in to play.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Originally Posted by Lacota
The problem I was having with this issue is the user was putting the call on hold and just putting the hand piece on the desk and not on the cradle, this will cause it to time out and the phone will go back to an idle state and forget about the hand piece.
You can either get them to put it back on the cradle once on hold which is what I do or before they take them off hold just give the hook switch a press to bring the hand piece back in to play.

That's a separate issue than what we have in the US. That issue is also corrected with a new software release. What he is describing the phone will literally go to speaker phone when you pickup your handset and occasionally in the middle of a call.

OP Offline
Sorry my mistake V4.91
I haven't seen the fault in action, from my understanding they are unable to get the call off speaker at all. Having said that im not sure they would have tried putting the call back on hold.
This is not a known issue in Australia, i will send tech support the 3 databases as they requested - although often its easier to indentify faults on here than tech support.
Nameless does tech support know of your issues?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
It's an issue with all dli cards manufactured with the new chip. They are finding most people aren't reporting it until recently and are now scrambling to fix it. Your issue is exactly like 50% of the sites we have the issue with. The temp workaround is to park the call and and then pick it back up

OP Offline
I actually think one of the 3 sites may have been the issue of the customer placing the handpiece on the desk - i tried to replicate the fault with him and noticed he placed it on the desk and not back on the cradle, I just didn't leave it on hold long enough for it to time out.

OP Offline
So 2 of the 3 sites have been fixed up by getting them to place the handset back in the cradle whenever they place a call on hold.
3rd site is different, where they get a call transferred to them and it automatically just goes to speaker, without placing the call on hold or anything - this sounds a lot like the other issue. Customer has figured out a way to get it off speaker, so i guess i will have to wait and see what samsung come up with.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I haven't ever been able to replicate the issue so I haven't spoken to Tech Support about it.

In saying that we have a customer who has just reported that fault who we are going out to see soon, so maybe we'll be able to replicate it and let them know

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,742
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,336 Shoretel
188,180 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, nortelvoip), 112 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024