web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi, I wonder if someone would be able to help,

We have a receptionist on 201 and the rest of a sales office on say 202-231, currently our hunt group starts at 201 and goes 202, 203 etc

We'd like it to ring 201 if the receptionist is free and if not then ring a distributed hunt group so the rest of the sales office get an even number of calls,

I've tried putting the hunt group as the overflow of 201 but outside lines get an engaged tone if she's on the phone or DND instead of the hunt group,

Obviously we can't nest hunt groups but ideally we'd have a sequential hunt group of 2001 with 2 members, 201 and hunt group 2002 smile how can I achieve this?

Cheers,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can have the receptionist as the first member of the hunt group, then an extension list with the other phones as the next member. This will only work as linear, not distributed, if you always want the receptionist to ring first.

One trick is to include the receptionist in the extension list, then add the extension list as the hunt group member numerous times. That way, calls will always ring the receptionist first, but her phone will also ring if she becomes available.

FYI, never use the hunt group announcement or overflow destinations to ring other phones - only use recall. Obviously, calls won't recall until the hunt group recall timer expires.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by DND ON
You can have the receptionist as the first member of the hunt group, then an extension list with the other phones as the next member. This will only work as linear, not distributed, if you always want the receptionist to ring first.

Can I set the extension list to ring distributed within the linear hunt group?

One trick is to include the receptionist in the extension list, then add the extension list as the hunt group member numerous times. That way, calls will always ring the receptionist first, but her phone will also ring if she becomes available.

I'm not entirely sure how this would work? I'm still not really clear how the extension list will be rung by the hunt group

FYI, never use the hunt group announcement or overflow destinations to ring other phones - only use recall. Obviously, calls won't recall until the hunt group recall timer expires.

Could I use extension 201's Overflow destination as the hunt group?

I've tried with hunt groups with other hunt groups as the recall stations but that hasn't worked frown

OP Offline
I've made some progress, so I've got hunt group 2004 with 1 station in - 201, and hunt group 2003 set as recall and overflow after 7 seconds with about 15 stations in,

that works as long as hunt group 2004 isn't flagged as an "ACD Hunt Group" if it's flagged true the outside call gets a busy tone?

However if 201 is on DND it doesn't work, the outside call instantly gets a busy tone and that's it frown

No, you can’t use overflow. A call answered by an overflow station will be pulled back to the original hunt group if a member becomes available before the recall timer expires. If you’re unsure of how overflow works, use F1 to read up.

An extension list causes all phones to ring at the same time.

You could have calls ring to a hunt group with only the receptionist as a member, then recall to a second hunt group, set as distributed. Flag the hunt group as camp-ons allowed and callers won’t receive a busy signal. However, calls won’t move to the second hunt group until the recall timer expires.

OP Offline
Thanks DND on, I was really close to what you've just said i just hadn't found the "camp-ons" allowed option smile

Why is there no way for it just to immediately skip the busy hunt group? it clearly knows it busy! lol

Would it be possible to do it from the receptionist's extension instead of from a hunt group with just 201 in it? It works with the standard "fwd - no answer/busy" but the users can so easily take that off and break it frown how do I trigger a system forwarding path i've assigned to that user?

Hunt group calls will remain in queue until the recall timer expires, then route to the recall destination.

Yes, you could create a forward path to send calls to a hunt group on a busy or DND condition. Incoming calls will have to route directly to the receptionist's phone.

OP Offline
how/where do i create that forward path? or maybe more specifically set the "on busy or DND" forward to path "1"

OP Offline
oh wow, never realised there were more options once you added a system forwarding path to a station! smile
Where do i set the timer for "no answer" for system forwarding? the Forward No Answer system timer specifically says it doesn't apply to system forwarding frown

OP Offline
Ok so that's worked a treat for a LINEAR hunt group, the call rings at 201 if its free, or goes straight to hunt group 2003, however if I enable ACD Hunt Group and set to one of the advanced distribution options such as "Longest Idle" the call never routes to the hunt group frown

Last edited by chrisleng; 09/15/16 05:00 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024