web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backu68 Offline OP
OP Offline
So, I've managed to get alot of different things working on my 200, and now I've got a 50 to add in on an ESI-Link (along with another later), but I've got an issue I can't find anything about. My 200 Server (700 Cab) has 3 612, a 684, 1 IVC 24R, 1 IVC 12EL and an ASC. My issue is, and this is probably due to some bit of lack of info, I cannot, for the life of me, get the 24R to accept any trunks in the IVC programming, which appears to render it useless for ESI-Link. Any ideas?? The 50's only appear to handle 4 trunks anyways, so I'm thinking I can get away with programming both 50's to use the 1 IVC that I can assign trunks to.

Another thing, which an ESI Reseller/Installer told me is possible, is how do I get direct dial across the ESI without using Cab codes (IE: 700 is 1000, 702 is 2000, 701 is 3000 dial plans, user on the 702 Cab dials 1023 and it goes to the 700 cab automagically)? And is it possible to get the "Dial 9 to get outside" to work across the ESI-Link? All 3 cabinets are on 1 parcel of property, so we can share the address easily enough

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The IVC 24R is for IP phones, you'll need a SIP card to do SIP trunks or ESI Link card for ESI Link trunks. You can dial directly from cabinet to cabinet without dialing cabinet codes. Just don't have conflicting numbering.

Aaron
You need a 5002-0789M IVC 24EL or 5000-0791 IVC 12R1EL to do ESI-Link. You must also have Licensing for either trunks or UIP. Once you get the ESI-Links up, then the dialing patterns can be established.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Backu68 Offline OP
OP Offline
That's what I figured. Got 24 UIP Licenses, so figured that wasn't my issue.

ESI-Link is working between the 200 and the 1 50 that I have to test with. I can dial back and forth between the 2 using Cabinet dialing, but for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get it to direct dial.

But there seems to be another issue that I'm confused by.. When I grab a CO line from the 200 on the 50 (7009), and dial, it works fine for my work phone, but not for my personal phone, or my boss' phone. First 'misdial', I dialed 6383, but it sent 6389 to the POTS. 2nd 'misdial' ended with 1921, and I have no idea where it went to because I got a busy signal.. Any thoughts?

Regarding the direct dialing, Did you program F834?

Regarding the trunk dialing issue, try creating a button on one of the telephone sets at the 50 location. Make it Remote Cabinet 700. When you depress the button, you should get remote intercom dial tone. Dial 9 and then your number and see if it works. If that consistently works, reprogram that button as a Remote Location Line Group 9. When you depress the button, you should get carrier dial tone and you should be able to just dial your number without a leading line group access code, in your case, 9.

If both situations work consistently, then you may have intra cabinet numbering issues. If that's the case, you may need to contact ESI technical for some help.

You didn't write what kind of trunks are on the 200, but, with the module setup, it looks like POTS. If that's the case, are all trunks functioning properly? When the remote station dials 9, the line is chosen from a group and you may not be selecting the same line every time.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Backu68 Offline OP
OP Offline
I put my desk extension (1023) into F834-1 on the 200, and it lights up the corresponding button on the 50's ext 2000 (also sitting on my desk), and vice-versa, but if I just dial the other extension, I get "You have dialed an invalid extension", so I'm left to guessing that's not actually possible?

As far as "Dial 9", yes, they are POTS lines on CO1-10, 1-9 in the 9 line group. Nobody is really using the system yet, but I'm being told, and seeing via my 700 phone that I'm always getting Line 9 on the remote, and dial my work cell, it calls my cell, if I dial my boss, I get a busy signal, but the phone isn't busy, and if I try my personal phone, I get someone else entirely. And Try as I might to set a button-to-CO, I can't seem to get it to work, so I can't retrieve a call on hold either...

OK, what you are describing is a simple programming issue that a certified ESI tech could remedy in a few minutes. My suggestion is for you to contact an ESI dealer in your area and have a tech resolve the issues quickly.

A basic dialed number troubleshooting technique would resolve the odd busy signal situation. A test set that can display dialed digits is required.

All ESI systems will choose the last line in the dialed group. The next user will select the next line that is not busy from the last.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Backu68 Offline OP
OP Offline
I just spoke with my NEW reseller, and it's possibly a program version.. none of my 3 boxes (2 50's and 200) have the same version. Working with reseller to get that updated, and hopefully it'll solve more issues. Thanks RCA.

Sorry, that's a given, however, a user would not know that. All linked systems MUST be running the same software revision and they MUST all be using the same codec.

When we try and help people on this site, it becomes monotonous to keep repeating the same questions, but, clearly, in this case, I should have asked the questions.

I know your tech will get the system running properly.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 93 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024