web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I do some subcontract work we install a new Avaya switch in the Walmart store in Wainwright. My understanding is that Walmart was upgrading all their stores in Canada. It sure seems odd that a big store like that would not have done more research on the equipment that you are rolling out into all your stores. Huge cost to have to replace.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
They won't file Chapter 7 and liquidate.

I'm guessing they will either restructure or the Phone System division / business will be sold off as an asset to someone. There is just too much of an existing base out there for it to disappear.

Originally Posted by phoneguywayne
I do some subcontract work we install a new Avaya switch in the Walmart store in Wainwright. My understanding is that Walmart was upgrading all their stores in Canada. It sure seems odd that a big store like that would not have done more research on the equipment that you are rolling out into all your stores. Huge cost to have to replace.

I was installing Merlins in brand new restaurants 20 years after it was discontinued.

I suspect that Avaya will make the upgrade path for the IPO to their server based IPO. Your server, their software. The "legacy" IPO hardware will be available on the secondary market though I don't know how they will handle all the friggin' licensing.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Chapter 11 is debt re-settlement. I don't see them going away. It sure is making it easier to sell against them right now though.

Originally Posted by phoneguywayne

I haven't seen a Walmart store with Avaya equipment in the states for a while. For a long, long time it was all Merlin Legend/Magix, but starting 6 or 7 years ago it all started going Cisco.

Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Chapter 11 is debt re-settlement. I don't see them going away. It sure is making it easier to sell against them right now though.

Even if they don't go away they won't have anything we would be interested in selling anymore.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Hal is right about that

They should consult with Trump, he's come out on top with his bankruptcy's.

Let the beatings start

We get old too soon, smart too late
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Avaya in all the Walmarts around here....

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The Walmart in Danvers MA used to have Merlin Legend phones, but, they were changed to Cisco.

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024