Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#606343 12/19/16 02:30 PM
OP Offline
Hey Guys,

We're transitioning a new client away from their current Toshiba CTX100 PBX to a cloud hosted digital PBX. With that said, I don't have any experience with analog PBX systems. Would someone be able to provide me with the CTX WinAdmin software and then guide me through how to forward some DID numbers to temporary numbers?

Thanks,

Michie

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm not a Toshiba tech, but I believe that software is only available to certified dealers who have completed training on that system.

I'm assuming you want the numbers forwarded in order to make the new system operational until you can port the numbers to the new provider.

You should do this at the service provider level vs. trying to do it from the current system. That's asking for trouble in my opinion and may not even be possible depending on the current service type and number of users.

OP Offline
The numbers are a part of a trunking group - need to do it on the PBX or else we won't get a 1:1 forward.

Originally Posted by Discipulus2k
The numbers are a part of a trunking group - need to do it on the PBX or else we won't get a 1:1 forward.

I'm not completely sure what you mean by 1:1 forward -- but if you use the Toshiba to do the forwarding each incoming call will tie up two lines. Unless your customer has a PRI or quite a few COs, outside callers may start getting busy signals because other incoming/forwarded calls have already seized all your lines. You will most likely have issues with low volume on the forwarded calls also.

You won't have to worry about these potential problems if you let the telco do the forwarding, which is what I and most others always do when in your situation. If you're still set on doing it from the old system, the best I could offer you is this link where you may be able to obtain a manual for it. www.wedophones.com

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 137 guests, and 362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024