web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
This is a newbie question.

Basically, I am tech support for this Univerge SV8100, and a newbie, and have my job on the line. The phone has stopped responding to calls, after some changes.

Im not sure if its the Night Mode changes that caused this, or something else. I am across the country from the phone switch. Using WebPro for changes.

Things that were changed around the guesstimate time the system stopped working. From my newbie perspective, changes with "tech" login:

Changes Possibly related:

12-01: Night Mode Switching Setup
12-02: Automatic Night Service Patterns (Operation Mode)

Changes Not Related (I think):

24-09: Call forwarding Fixed Settings
20-08: Class of Service Options (Outgoing Call Service)
21-05: Toll Restriction Class
20-11: Class of Service Options (Hold/Transfer Service)

Unknown changes:

USER1 -- Not System Data (User Programming)
USER1 -- 24-09: Call forwarding Fixed Settings

The whole goal of the changes were Call Forwarding wasnt working to external number. The phone system made callouts using * and # to outside lines while trying to figure out fixed call forwarding tests, but I spoke with the phone company, and they said there is no reason for the lines to be re-directed using * or #.

Hopefully some Christmas help can get me up and running asap.

Either direct advice, or literature or insight on how to troubleshoot. This system has InMail. If I understand how the phone system works, the system was answering calls previously on the first ring, and then youd go into the phone directory for routing.

Im unaware of any trunk changes. Also turned off automatic night mode switching, but turned it back on, but didnt help. Rebooted the system, no help.

Any other information needed, please let me know.

Any ladies or gents who can help me keep my job, thanks for your time,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If I am reading this right, your daytime calls should be answered by an auto attendant set up in InMail. What type of trunks are they? If they are analog trunks, they should be set to DIL to the auto attendant virtual extension number. The virtual for the the auto attendant should be set to call forward immediate to the voice mail pilot number in fixed call forwarding.

OP Offline
Much thanks for your time in responding. I am investigating what you suggest now. Off the top of my head, I believe they are DIL, its possible the virtual extension number is the problem or the voice mail pilot number. I believe its "100" for one of them.

Will respond with more information shortly, or hopefully with an appreciative thank you for helping me solve the riddle.

OP Offline
OMG Toolie, you fixed the problem. Wow, you have my undying gratitude here. You actually just saved my job. Seriously. Thank you.

Im not sure if I should ask you if you know how to forward calls to an external number? Its what caused my heartache. No need to respond, if you are busy, you are already my hero.

Glad I could help. Just working a slow day here anyway - covering the phones the day after a holiday, and most of our customers are closed today. Forwarding off premise depends on some specifics. Are you just forwarding a certain extension or extensions? Is this an option from the auto attendant? Let me know specifically what you are trying to do - I can perhaps shed some light on it for you.

OP Offline
Hi Toolie,

Using Webpro, Im at the Receptionists phone extenstion within the software, and trying to use Fixed Forward Settings to an External Long distance number, but it seems to ignore everything.

24-09

Anyways, thanks very much Toolie for solving my original issue.

You can set the fixed call forwarding to go to an abbreviated dial (speed dial) bin with the number programmed there.

If you are just doing the one phone though, I find it's easier to just program it at the phone. You would need someone on the site to do that - but then it's activated and deactivated at the phone set itself.

I have a lot of customers that want to be able to forward their extensions off-site to a cell phone, or a home phone - so I usually program one of the feature buttons as a DSS key with the dial string for off premise call forward.

If you are interested in doing that - you can PM me with an email address and I will send some details on how I set that up. It really works very well.

I see you are in Canada - I'm in Minnesota, so we're kind of kindred spirits I guess, what with the freezing to death and all...........

Just curious, why would someone assign a virtual number to Inmails auto attendant? Just use the pilot number.

Full auto attendant DIL to pilot number, no need to use fix call forward.

Virtuals would be used if there were multiple company's in the scenario, but not with one.

We get old too soon, smart too late
DANS:

I've done it both ways. Maybe because I'm not as smart as I think I am! I have used the virtuals when a company uses different auto attendant messages depending on which mode the system is in.

There's probably a better way to it, but my way seems to work - so I roll with it.

I program the same way as Toolie does as well but have done other ways as well.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 208 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024