web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kaefer Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey folks,

I just did a search and it appears that Inter-tel does not support caller id with analog devices. Is this correct?

I've got an Axxess 9 system and was getting ready to install an 8 port SLC. I'll be hooking up a fax server to 4 ports of the SLC and was planning on using caller id to help with fax routing. It looks like I won't be able to do this with the Axxess 9 system, correct?

Thanks for the help!
-Scott

Richmond Virginia Computer Consulting Services
www.RichmondComputerHelp.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Kaefer Offline OP
OP Offline
One more quick question - does the Axxess 9 system and an 8 port SLC support ANI or DNIS?

Caller ID, ANI, and DNIS are all supported by the fax server I'll be installing.

Thanks,
-Scott

DO you have the premium feature "Analog VM Hunt Groups"? You will definitely have to have that.

BridgeClip is right about the premium feature if you're routing faxes on DNIS.

If I send a fax to 800-555-1212 you probably need to send 1212 as DTMF to the fax server. Right?

To answer your original question, yes v9.0 does support CID to SLC ports but I don't see how CID is going to route faxes??? Plus, the CID is NOT transmitted as DTMF tones. It would be straight up CID tones.

60% of the time it works every time
I'm a bit lost too. Perhaps I misunderstood what you're trying to accomplish, but if you're trying to route to a specific machine by CID, you'd use the call routing tables.

When I installed my fax server I wasn't getting all the digits passed to route it properly. I set up an analog VM hunt grp and put my fax server ports in that hunt grp. Then I went to my call routng table and routed my incomming digits to that hunt grp pilot number.

I'm with MacGyver what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Kaefer Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok I'll try to explain this the best I can. I'm an I.T. guy not a telecom guy so please bear with me!

The Axxess system is hooked to a PRI. The Axxess/PRI passes caller info to all the digital handsets attached to the system. Caller info is not currently passed to analog devices attached to a SLC.

The bottom line of what I need is this: caller id info (10 digit phone number and/or caller name) passed on to an analog device (fax/document mgmt server).

Another way I can explain this is using a analog home phone with caller id. I need to be able to hook up an analog home phone with caller id to an analog port attached to the SLC and get the 10 digit phone number and/or caller name info to appear on the phone when the phone rings. I need this caller id feature on 4 of the 8 ports of the SLC.

'Caller id' can be regular Caller ID, ANI, or DNIS. The fax/doc mgmt server supports all 3 services.

If any of these services can be set up to pass the 10 digit phone number and/or caller name info over the SLC I can take it from there.

What I'm doing is replacing two existing fax machines with a 4 line fax/doc mgmt server. Currently the 2 fax machines are in an analog hunt group. If a fax machines is busy, and a fax call comes in using the same fax number, it goes to the other available fax machine. There is 1 incoming fax number that works with both existing fax machines.

We'll be expanding the analog hunt group to include 4 lines (ports, whatever). Then we can support 4 incoming/outgoing faxes at the same time. We'll still only have 1 incoming fax number.

What the fax/doc mgmt server needs the caller info for is this: The incoming faxes generally are from doctors offices. I'll be programming the doc mgmt portion of this so that when a fax comes from 123-456-7890/Dr. MacGyver (using caller id info) the server knows it's from Dr. MacGyver and places the fax (no hardcopy) in a Dr. MacGyver folder on the server. If a fax comes from 234-567-8901/Dr. Bridgeclip the server knows it's from Dr. Bridgeclip and places the fax in Dr. Bridgeclip's folder.

I hope all this makes sense. To sum all this up what I need is caller id info passed over the SLC to analog devices. This can be in the form of Caller ID, ANI, or DNIS. The local Inter-tel/Mitel tech will help me set this up. I just want to make sure it can be done before we get started.

Thanks for the help,
-Scott

If I'm understanding the application you should be fine then as Ver. 9 does support CID on single line cards.

The Axxess can do this but not without the premium feature "Analog VM hunt Grps". I did it 3 yers ago for one of the largest trucking companies in the country and I can't remember what version of SW it was. I had problems but once I put them into the analog VM hunt grp, life was good.

Good luck to ya!

It sounds like you want plain old CID sent to the SLC ports. I still don't see how CID will route faxes because its the Callers ID not the dialed number. How will that map the fax to a destination?

I don't know what fax server you have, but I assume there is a table of numbers that map to email addresses. When the dialed number rings to the fax server don't you want to know what number was dialed?

60% of the time it works every time
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024