web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Guys,

I have an oddball task and I could use some guidance, as I can't find any decent documentation and T1/PRIs are a bit out of my knowledge base.

What I'm trying to do:
PC running Asterisk PBX with PCI TE110P single-span T1/E1 card installed

Merlin Legend cabinet with DS1 card. I have already made the appropriate "T1 crossover cable"

I want to be able to place calls from the Merlin Legend and have those calls sent to the Asterisk box via the T1 and then pushed out to the PSTN via VoIP SIP trunks. I want to eliminate the need for analog SIP gateways and multiple line cords going to the 800 GS/LS card I've been using up until now.

I've looked here: https://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=3784

Following the steps carefully, I get to the point in the steps where I set incoming routing (step 8) and the phone just errors out (beeps) at me if I try to submit the setting change it says to.

I also don't understand how to tell the Legend that I want to continue to dial 9 to dial out of the system. The settings on the phone display are extremely vague.

I'm happy to reset to the system factory defaults and start from scratch if it's really necessary in order to start with a clean slate.

I'm not asking for assistance on the Asterisk part, if I can get the T1 up on the Legend side and get it talking with Asterisk, I can figure out the Asterisk side myself.

I would appreciate some guidance on this because there is no guide or documentation that I can find that is really helping me at all, or maybe I am just not using the right keywords??

Someone out there has done or knows how to do this!

Thanks.

Scott

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
PRIs/ISDN are a bit out of my league too Scott. frown I know that the Legend and Magix have limited PRI/ISDN capabilities. AT&T 5ESS is the preferred protocol.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
I have a copy of that original document you're using, step 8 says

8. Set Incoming Routing.
Incoming Rtg=>enter 1=>Dial Plan=>Enter.
Return to B-Channel Group menu.

Take a look at it and a couple of others here
https://www.touchtonetommy.com/Magix/

OP Offline
I get an error beep when I click on Incoming Routing.

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
OP Offline
Gonna check out your guides now and see if there is something I missed. I'll post the results. Thanks as always, TTT!

is it possible that you are confusing T1 vs. PRI programming?

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 101 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024