web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tim01 Offline OP
OP Offline
Can't TalkPath voice mail notify me on my cell phone that I have messages waiting with a voice message?

Under COS, Notification tab, the Notify Scripts says 112.CF

Under Subscribers, Mailbox Settings, Notification, it has Immediate Notification and Phone Number

When it notifies me on my cell phone, it gives me 3 short tones and hangs up. I was hoping for a messsage telling me I have a message, or even better, allowing me to play the message.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Talkpath does not have email notification, you would have to upgrade to a used or refurbed Pathfinder inskin which may not be compatible with your phone system. It works only with the XTS-ip and XTSc-ip

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I ran out of edit time first post is FYI, now to answer your questions: Under cos make sure message pickup is checked. Also cf 112 is a pager command file. Remove that from the class of service and leave the field blank. Make sure you save your changes. Then the system should just call the cell number you entered and play a message, you should be able to enter password and pick up your messages.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/07/17 03:51 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

tim01 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for your response and expertise. Getting close. It plays a message that seems to get truncated depending upon how quickly you answer the phone on the 1st try, and subsequent tries are even more truncated. The message is:
"...102 of new messages. Enter password." It then takes you into your voice mailbox. What prompt is this and can it be listened to?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Its hit or miss. I don't remember if there is a specific command file for notify by calling a phone as opposed to a pager. The prompt you are hearing is the same one that plays when the Talkpath notifies an extension by calling it (which you don't want if the phone is forwarded to voice mail, because it creates a loop.)

Also make sure your users have recorded a mailbox name, the system plays that name when notifying. "I have a message for (your name) Please enter your password to accept the message"

Last edited by Derrick; 03/09/17 07:13 PM.

www.myrandomviews

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The notification script 112.CF allows for twelve seconds after the number is out-dialed before the mailbox number is dialed (three beeps in DTMF format as you're hearing, plus #). That's just for pager notification, hence the reason that it hangs up on you. This is not the command file that you want to use.

What you're looking for is the command file named CELLULAR.CF that causes the system to dial your number and actually wait for an answer. Enter that in your notification script box for the COS and you'll have what you're seeking. Pressing * when answering these calls should put you into your mailbox, where you'll follow the normal password entry and message retrieval options.

You're almost there!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
tim01 Offline OP
OP Offline
That work better...thanks! Just need to look at caller ID to understand who is calling.

If someday I wanted to use ECom to modify the script, is it possible to add in the prompt "Mailbox 102 has new messages." before the prompt to enter password?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
A command file will play an existing file but you have to know the number and location. I would not modify Cellular CF. If I were to do this I would copy and build a new one with the say file command and try it out first.

www.myrandomviews

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 127 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024