web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am looking for any tips on how to get this app running again, thanks in advance.
I have an Axxess system ver 8.2 and I am running Call Router ver 4.02, Dial Plan server ver 3.0.14, Level2OAI service ver 4.0.11 and Net Server 4.2.24. Everything had been working just fine with the app a year or so ago. We decided to use the Call routing tables in the phone system instead and so I just shut all of the app's down on the pc. We've decided to try using the Call Router again however when I try routing the incoming calls thru the app I get rna on all numbers. Everything is programmed correctly in Call Router Admin, the pc has the following clients running fine, Call Router, Dial Plan and Level2OAI. In Call Router we aren't using the Choice #1 schedule we are using the Transfer to, Choice #2 and one thing I notice is that in the ring destination box for Choice #2 all of the extensions are ghosted out and I know they should not be. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Call Router monitors a station for traffic/events and acts on them. You need to route calls in the Axxess to the Call Router monitor station defined in the Call Router App (probably an unplugged station). I'm not sure if intercom calls route or not, so make trunk calls when you test.

In other words, when you say changes were made to have the calls route via internal Call Routing Tables in the Axxess I suspect the DID/DNIS number(s) which originally routed calls to the monitor station were changed to where they ring today. Assuming the OAISYS gear was "bypassed" by this change and not unprogrammed, pointing this/these back to the monitor station may be all you need to do.

60% of the time it works every time
OP Offline
SoCalJake thanks for taking time to respond, I do appreciate your time. I have my inbound trunk group now pointing to a single ring destination which is ext 9999. Ext 9999 is the Call Router ext in the system and is programmed as the second circuit for the reception phone, ext 1500, there is an MPDM installed on ext 1500 to support the second circuit. I had been using Call Routing Table 1 for incoming but wanted to move back to the call router app and redirected ring back to ext 9999. All test calls were made using active DID's. You are right nothing has been unprogrammed on the Oaisys side, the only thing I did was shut the Oaisys app's down on the pc. I agree I thought the only thing I needed to do was start the Oaisys again and redirect incoming ring to the call router ext. There is one thing that has changed, we used to have a Symantec firewall that connected the Call Router pc to the phone system and that had been replaced with a Cisco Pix in the last few months however all of the Oaisys Net Server clients on the call router pc still see the phone system and all client status shows connected and green. Is it possible that the Ciso is less forgiving than the Symatec and may be shutting down a port necessary for communications between the Call Router and the system? Again thanks for help.

Possible, but why a firewall between devices internally? Everything is passing over TCP 4000, so if NetServer can see the switch then the modules should be fine. All of the call control is passed from Call Router to Netserver which proxys the data to the system. Plus, you should be able to see the events on each modules event window.

What type of routing are you doing in Call Router? A little more info on that will help.

OP Offline
Axxess system, call router pc, reception pc(axxessory console) all are sitting behind this firewall which uplinks to the internet and allows the remote admin. So now that I say it I quess it shouldn't place any restrictions on the devices that are sitting behind, sorry about the misdirection. Day mode call routing DID's from the PRI to local reception ext 1500 and in some cases to other local ext's/fax ext's.

I know Call Router can be used for advanced routing purposes beyond what an Axxess can do on its own. Are you trying to route calls in a manner which the Axxess can not do natively?

I'm wondering what you're trying to accomplish in Call Router that Call Routing Tables can't already do.

I'm trying to help here but just don't want to reinvent the wheel. Can you explain what Call Router was originally doing that Axxess couldn't?

OP Offline
No the Call Router is used for the same type of routing that the Call Routing Tables do. It was orignially setup to be used for the auto day/nite mode on/off and for the ease of programming call routing however it was abandoned primarily because of the fact that the operator wasn't always up front right at a particular time every morning, they needed to control day/nite manually and the need to still get into system admin to setup nite routing of the calls thru the Call Routing table. This rendered the application pretty much unecessary except for one item which is why I'm trying to get it operational again.

The problem using the system Call Routing tables has to do with the way the incoming calls display on all of the answering phones.

The receptionist handles calls for many different companies, this is an executive suites business and she has to be able to see the name of the business that is programmed into the Call Routing table description or in the Call Router description for that particular number so that she can answer the call with the correct business name.

Incoming calls route to the main recept ext 1500 which forwards immediate to a system forwarding path that rings hunt grp 2000 that has the members of that hunt defined in a POO group with all the ringing phones, ext's 1500, 1501, 1502, so the calls ring all three phones at the same.

When the calls route thru the Call Router app the calls ring all three phones in the POO group and display the name that is programmed in the Call Router description for that specific number so any ringing phone can answer the call with the correct business name however if they ring thru the system Call Routing table only the receptionist by way of Axxessory Console shows the name defined in the Call Routing table the phones only display the "hunt group name" + "forward from reception" for the ringing call.

I have tried many different ways of ringing the calls using the Call Routing tables but the results are the same, no Call Routing table description name shows up on the phone display. I have also tried turning certain station features that pertain to the station display for a ringing call, on and off without any luck as well.

I think this has to do with the Call Router app using the OAI layer to communicate with the system that gives it the ability to deliver that name on the phone display with the call just like the Axxessory Console receives that same name but can receive it no matter how the call routes thru the system.

I really appreciate the fact that you have taken quite a bit of your personal time to provide some useful questions and answers that have helped me out with this problem and I thank you in advance for any added assistance.

I get it. When you first log into Call Router (CR going forward) look at the Routing Exts tab. What is the monitored extension number? That's where you need to route calls to in database programming. Assuming x150, try sending each DNIS/DID number in the Axxess which needs to be identified to this extension. When the call hits there, CR will look up the DNIS/DID number in its database and act on the call by modifying the data as defined on the Dbase Individual tab in the CR Administrator.

I'm assuming this is all still programmed. If not, I think we're getting in a little deeper than I can articulate in print. I'd recommend checking out this page as it has a PDF outlining exactly what you're requesting.

Good luck!

OP Offline
Thanks SoCalJake for all of your help with this and I agree I think we have gone far enough on the troubleshooting via this method. I actually did check out the Oaisys website before posting here but thanks anyway for the link. I will continue to work on this and will post a solution once this problme gets fixed if anyone is interested.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,759 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,193 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, justbill), 134 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024