Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#609275 03/29/17 01:04 PM
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a MICS XC 7.0 with several LSDS cards used for outgoing calls. There is also an analog DID card used for incoming DID calls. There are only 4 analog incoming trunks on this system, and they are getting too many busy signals.

I would like to remove the DID card and install a DTI for PRI, along with service from the telco. This system has two 6 port fiber expansion cards in the main cabinet, and they are all used. Mostly MOX16, MOX8A and M12X0 for the outgoing loop start lines.

I can install a DTI card in slot 4 of the main cabinet, along with the proper key codes. I think I also need a Services Cartridge for timing, but I'm out of slots. What options do I have? Must I have the Services Cartridge?

Thanks.
Jim

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Swap out the 6 Port Expansion card for a 6 port COMBO expansion card.
The COMBO version or the plain Services Card both provide the needed clocking.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

If both 6 Port Fiber cards are the NTBB06, then you'll need to swap one out with the combo card - if either of them is a NTBB25 - you're good to go.

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll check on the fiber cards tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

The DTI card looks like it has a fiber connector on it. Is that connector not used? I imagine that if the DTI is installed in the main cabinet, it's getting everything it needs from the back plane.

Will I loose my target line programming for the existing DID's and extensions when I change this? Or is it a matter of power down, remove/insert cards as needed, power on and use Maintenance to disable the old DID and enable the new PRI?

Thank you.
Jim

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Jim, what carrier are you using?

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Just the local telco, Windstream.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Are you a agent with them or is the customer ordering it

Jim that fiber lookin port on the DTI card is to connect a T-Berd or what ever for testing. I've never had to use it. Your programming should remain intact, however as a precaution I always connect a fast rad and download the programming to my laptop. A habit I developed with the old 8x24's nothing like powering a system down to add hardware or whatever and on start up find out for whatever reason the system went to default.

John 807
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Hitechcomm - No, I'm not an agent for anybody but myself. Customer will order it themselves.

John - thanks for the info. I lost programming once a long time ago on an 824 as well. Didn't take long to re-do it, but I think of it every time I make a backup.

Jim

"Or is it a matter of power down, remove/insert cards as needed, power on and use Maintenance to disable the old DID and enable the new PRI?"

I am thinking this is a rare thing to do on a 7.0 since PRI/T1 has been around for years since and analog DID's almost extinct (thought they were).
I have not seen an analog DID for 20 years and was on an 8X24.
So I wonder if anyone is able to answer that question based on experience however some places are behind the times.

So based on no experience on converting Analog DID to PRI I would think to to disable the card in maintenance then change the card from DID to DTI under Hardware, power down, replace card, power up, add key code, program PRI parameters and that Target programming would remain the same.
Other members need to confirm this though.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,302 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 155 guests, and 129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024