web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
racer x Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm using CCS version 3.11 and I'm looking for a report that will show the number of callers sitting in the queue for our hunt groups based on time of day. The Reporter Real Time shows it, but I can't seem to find a report that will give me that information so I can run it for previous days and print it out.

I'd even be happy if it could just show me the maximum number of callers that were sitting in the hunt group for the day, but it just doesn't seem to exist.

I am aware that the OAISYS products are much better for recording hunt group activity and I've used it where I worked previously, but purchasing that is not an option where I work now.

Any help and info is appreciated,

Rx

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you thinking of a report that shows how many calls were queueing at any given time? That number could change from second to second which is why it's a real-time report.

60% of the time it works every time
Is this a once a day report or something that will be run several times a day? The Reporter Pro level license will give you the best tools. It's also the most expensive. Service Level Summary is a good report for running over and over during the day. Set the filter ACD Hunt Group tab to the chosen queue. Set the report date and to the last 15 minutes. If you have an AutoReporter license (which I highly suggest), you can set this report to run every 15 minutes and be emailed, exported in Excel or post to an intranet page. If this is a daily report, use the Service Level by Half Hour. The report defaults to half hour increments. Use the same filter.

If you plan any changes to the report, do yourself a favor and make a duplicate copy first. Make your changes to the copy.

racer x Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the help guys,

SoCal - I'm looking for a report that will show what the highest number of callers in the queue was, or to put it another way, what was the biggest number hit for a certain day. If it can show what it was throughout the day, that would be good to, but I'd settle for what the max was for a queue on a selected day.

df - I was hoping I could run it manually whenever I want for any day I choose. We have the Reporter Pro and Auto Reporter which I use for full daily reports and it works well for detailed call data. I will look at the Service Level reports but I think they are full of percentages and agent info which is okay, but not what I'm looking for.

Thanks again,

Rx

You can run it when you want. A field showing the max # of calls waiting would be nice (if someone from Mitel is reading this), but you can get a close number by using this report. Our Call Center is set to Auto Connect. Our Erlang settings are to answer 80% of the calls in 20 seconds. You can do a rough calculation of Calls on Hold by looking at the times. It's not exact, but it will be a ballpark.

These reports can be customized, but don't mess with the original.

No amount of monkeying with historical reports will accurately accomplish what you're looking for. Here's why.

Calls queueing is a real time statistic to gauge if enough Agents are logged in right now. Once now becomes history there is no need to know how many calls queue'd because logging in now doesn't help what already happened. The real answers lie in the average talk time vs. average abandoned time metrics.

Stay with me. If you're looking for a way to efficiently staff a call center you can get the number of Agents required based on your historical traffic with a forecasting report. This report considers multiple metrics in its calculations which (to me) is the right way. Filter this to a previous but similar time period and you're set. Just don't forget to adjust your Erlangs to match your goals.

60% of the time it works every time
If you're speaking of the "Agents Required" statistic, forget it. We've stopped using that function because it is completely unreliable. Inter-Tel refuses to accept there is anything wrong with the calculations.

The forecasting uses a number of figures to determine if a call center is staffed correctly. Calls In, Calls Answered, Ring Time, Full Time Employees (FTE) and the Erlang equation. At any time, I can run this report and get wild results. My favorite is an SLA of zero, yet CCS claims the SLA could have been met with fewer agents than were already logged in.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024