web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Sometimes when I pickup a ringing phone, the caller does not hear me. The phone stops ringing, but my phone system does not seem to connect properly to the phone line. If I hangup without hold and reanswer the phone, I can talk to the caller. This problem does not occur every time the phone rings. Could this be a setting?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
What model phone does this happen on?
Do you have a headset connected to the phone?
Is the handset curly cord connected to the correct port or is it connected to the headset port by mistake?

Early phone models suffered from hook switch issues, have you tried swapping over the phone with one you know is working correctly?

Regards
Carl
I think I had a similar problem many years ago at a house. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember that the owner could not talk to the caller.

Just an FYI, when you select a line to make a call, you are muted util you dial a phone number. There may be a case where the phone system is thinking that you are trying to make an outgoing call instead of pickup up an incoming call.

At that time I tried to do an Immediate cut-though on the CO trunk. This worked but it completely messed up the redial function.

Another option is to create a new public numbering plan to use a single digit for an outgoing number. Next time the caller can not hear you , you can press the single digit and the Toshiba will assume that you dialed a valid number and un-mute your phone. You should be able to use a code that you would normally not dial, such as the * or #.

You can try this after you made sure that you don't have a handset, hook-switch, or cord issue.

OP Offline
My phones are DKT3020-SD. I doubt the problem is with the phone. I liked the suggestions from Newtecky. Thanks.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally Posted by newtecky
I think I had a similar problem many years ago at a house. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember that the owner could not talk to the caller.

Just an FYI, when you select a line to make a call, you are muted util you dial a phone number. There may be a case where the phone system is thinking that you are trying to make an outgoing call instead of pickup up an incoming call.

At that time I tried to do an Immediate cut-though on the CO trunk. This worked but it completely messed up the redial function.

Another option is to create a new public numbering plan to use a single digit for an outgoing number. Next time the caller can not hear you , you can press the single digit and the Toshiba will assume that you dialed a valid number and un-mute your phone. You should be able to use a code that you would normally not dial, such as the * or #.

You can try this after you made sure that you don't have a handset, hook-switch, or cord issue.

The issue you are talking about is due to the hook switch causing the incoming call to be hung up on when trying to answer the call.
Because the call came in on a PSTN CO line you could press the line key to get the caller back but as you had not dialled anything the speech path would not be opened, therefore if you dialled something like a single digit and it matched the dialling plan then the speech would be opened up.

I would be still looking at the cause of the issue as probably a faulty phone.

Have you changed the phone yet?

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
I have experienced the same problem on three of my many phones. Years ago I bought hook switches for my DKT2020-SD phones.

OP Offline
If my problem were a hook switch, how come I can make outgoing calls without an issue?

You said "3 of my many phones". Are there phones on the same system that have not experienced this issue? Have you tried one of these working phones into the same port? You say it does not always happen.

If the problem was due to programming the symptom would be consistant.

My guess is a hookswitch issue, even though the 3000 series was not known for that like the 2000 series was. Pretty sure the hookswitch has 2 circuits in it. 1 for control of data and 1 for control of audio. The audio contacts may be intermittent and performance will vary according to humidity.

Also, on received calls, these should be no delay due to inter-digit timeout like on outgoing calls. Make sure that you are not receiving the call based upon a transfer from your auto-attendant that is using supervised transfer. That will cause an answer delay due to it waiting to see that you answered and waiting for the "A" tone to be sent from the VM to the KSU.

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer"
I meant "A" tone from KSU to VM not the other way around.....

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer"

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 100 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024