web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#61095 12/05/08 09:17 PM
OP Offline
I know the DKSC16 has DTMF receivers and the OPC card gives you the option to add more, but what about T1/E1 Cards - how is DTMF conversion done on them?

I have a predictive dialer system connected to my Inter-tel Axxess system via a T1/E1 card. The predictive dialer is a PC with some dialogic T1 cards in it. The T1 channels are just OPX extensions in the Axxess phone system. Dials are initiated on thes OPX extensions using DTMF tones. Are there any known limitations on the Axxess and/or T1/E1 cards in regards to listening/converting DTMF tones? If I have 96 channels of dials all DTMF would that generate an error or overwhelm the system? It would be rare that all of these channels would be DTMF dialing at once. They dial, and then listen to do call progress analysis.

I'm just trying to find potential bottlenecks before they occur.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#61096 12/06/08 02:56 PM
System version, CPU type, CPU size, trunking (PRI or analog) & OPC config needed. Also, how many DKSC16+ cards do you have?

There are way too many unknowns right now.

60% of the time it works every time
#61097 12/06/08 03:17 PM
OP Offline
6 cabinet 1024 system about to become a 7 cabinet system (a copper ATM switch ties the CPUs together)

9.x System Version.

7 PRI Trunks for LD and 1 PRI for local (about to become 9 for LD)
2 T1s for Auto Call Record (not PRI)
2 T1s for Predictive Dialer (about to become 5)
1 OPC card for every pair of cabinets with 3 DSPs. I just recently changed each DSP config to 12/4 (conference/DTMF) on each board giving me 12 DTMFs on each OPC.
1 SLC8 card
The remaining cards are all DKSC16+. Without looking at the system I'm guessing 12 to 14.

Sorry I didn't include this originally.

Based on your request for this additional information, it sounds like the T1 relies on other resources for DTMF conversion.

#61098 12/06/08 06:49 PM
Originally posted by faxit2me:

Based on your request for this additional information, it sounds like the T1 relies on other resources for DTMF conversion.
Sort of. It can handle it's own DTMF transmitting if the system flag Enable T1/E1/PRI DTMF Dialing is set to yes, otherwise it defers to the PCMA. But it cannot receive DTMF. For that it defers to CPU's, OPC's & DKSC16+ cards.

With 3 ATM subnodes, you have 18 receivers between the PCMA's alone. Add to it 36 across the OPC's and 4 more per DKSC16+. That's around 102 receivers in all based on 12 DKSC16+'s. If you add the fourth subnode then you can add 6 mode.

This is a subjective statement to labor over: I'm just trying to find potential bottlenecks before they occur.

Basically you're looking good in my eyes. DTMF receivers are only in use for the amount of time needed to process the DTMF, then they are released. What I don't know is the channel allocation strategy you've used to mitigate blocking. These are shared resources which can be "borrowed" from an idle resource on another subnode if all of them are in use locally. Plan your card configuration wisely.

#61099 12/06/08 08:27 PM
OP Offline
This is a huge help - Thank you.

I used your information on a previous timeslot posting to configure accordingly.

So if I end up with 5 or 6 T1's for the predictive dialer that do DTMF, a good strategy would be to balance these among cabinet pairs (subnodes) correct? I always thought there was a performance penalty when borrowing from or going across subnodes.

What symptoms would you expect to see if there were not enough DTMF receivers at a given moment? Would the system just queue up the request and make it wait until one becomes available?

#61100 12/07/08 06:25 AM
Balancing is always a good idea from a blocking standpoint. As for borrowing resources from other subnodes, I wouldn't worry. It happens more often than you think.

It's difficult to say what happens to T1 OPX circuits if no DTMF receivers are available. On single line devices just don't get dial tone.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 183 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024