web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
RedBul Offline OP
OP Offline
Professor Bloom, could you check your e-mail for me: I've left a plea there today.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Really nice stuff.. I hope I can get there!

Its hard to catch the smoke once you let it out.
RedBul Offline OP
OP Offline
My vacation has not spent been spent for nothing:

A new member in my family - red (or rust) - would be glad to know exact WE color code for this beauty - Western Electric 565HKM from 1964 (refurbished in 1978 - looks like only dial has been changed at refurbishing).

[Linked Image from s26.postimg.org]

This is one of the strange creatures from Bell System refurbishing shop - red phone has been painted red and original shiny black cord has been painted to "satin silver", though it is far away from real satin silver. Today was the whole day of restoration, I removed all paint from housing with alcohol and completely re-polished the plastic. Additional cord for data transmission device has been removed. It was cleaned inside and outside.

It's an nteresting color - it changes on camera depending on the light. Here is the picture in more natural light. i suspect it is Western Electric color code -124 Rust, but I may be wrong. But this is for sure not simple red. Have no idea if 565-model has been produced in color code 124, but it is a real plastic, not paint now.

This is how it came to me from eBay - dirty and rude:

All functions tested - perfectly works with 4A speakerphone, dial will require some oil, but this is for one of later days.

Last edited by RedBul; 08/31/17 01:46 PM.
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Nice!

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
RedBul Offline OP
OP Offline
Time will come this will be up as well:

Last edited by RedBul; 08/31/17 04:00 PM.
Key telephones were never made in Rust. That is a "Cherry Red" telephone. Color suffix -56.

On rotary WE phones, the color suffix is stamped on the back of the dial. You will find the dial model number (9-type) plus the date of manufacture in the format mm-yy, and the color suffix.

It is not unusual to find a WE phone repainted in its original color. It was cheaper to refurbish a phone using that method than it was to clean and polish a scratched or discolored housing.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

RedBul Offline OP
OP Offline
Agree, I also came to conclusion that it is cherry red.

RedBul Offline OP
OP Offline
Big hunting - a unique and very useful addition to my collection. I was long time dreaming about Call Director, however there is no much practical sense for me in 30 incoming lines or plain signal keys. So instead I've found a good alternative from Western Electric - 2872A2M Touch-A-Matic telephone set dated 1979 with 31 electronic memory speed dial buttons and last number dialed button. I believe this is one of the very first (if not the first) telephone with redial function.

These are hard to find and they are rather expensive, so I was glad to get one even in not very good condition - see below how it came to me from eBay - considerable discoloration of Light Beige housing and yellowing of memory buttons. Restoration included standard plastic sanding and polishing, but there is another step which was required - whitening of memory buttons field. I'm fully satisfied with the results. Handset will require change - this one is too worn off. Also will need to find a way to make a new battery for it and install 13,5 V transformer (ordered).

If anyone on this forum has a similar telephone set (potentially connected to a speakerphone), I would kindly ask to let me know. I want to realize one touch calling function on the set (pressing any memory button automatically turns on speakerphone, detect dial tone and dial the number so the conversation can be started immediately with only one button touch). For this purpose set requires 2 kits of parts, which I believe impossible to find now (Speakerphone connection board and dial tone detector board). These are two small boards installed inside the set under the white dial cover. The only thing I need is detailed photos of these 2 boards - I want to make a copy boards on my own. If anyone has SD circuit drawings for these two auxiliary boards - this would be fantastic. I have BSP for 2872A2M, but it gives no details on kits of parts besides mentioning them for one touch calling function.

Last edited by RedBul; 09/01/17 03:49 PM.
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I had one, back in the day. I'll look to see if I can find anything.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
RedBul Offline OP
OP Offline
Would really appreciate that!

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024