web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm coming from a Toshiba background where we're allowed multiple departments so we can have a separate auto attendant handing each department mode. Now I'm on my third install and I have now discovered a little late that the SCMC system terms this as usergroup for departments and they only allow one usergroup. This is a huge problem because I intend to have multiple companies maybe on the same system so it will require multiple auto attendants or a company that has several divisions or locations require an auto attendant for each one. How do you handle this limitation on the SCM Compact? I feel this is a deal breaker for us because Toshiba did it right when it comes to departments of a company or companies.

Last edited by jchambers7009; 09/23/17 12:11 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You don't need multiple user groups.
Just send the indial to the vm group and use the vm to route the calls to the correct aa greeting

OP Offline
so why would Samsung limit the system to only 1 usergroup, but allow the SCM Express to have 128? My concern is the menu options are only on that usergroup instead of using the service group. Maybe if I try creating a day, day1, day2, night, night1, night2, and so on... Is there a limit in place creating those menus and would this work for AA? I don't like that we have to find a work around for every little thing on this pbx when the features are already there for it. Maybe even consider it as a license option would be great. I really do like this system, but its ridiculous to go from 128 on the express down to a single usergroup on the compact. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot for making such a limitation because the number of usergroups is not going to affect the performance. Sorry I'm ranting, but just a little frustrated that AA per department is not more convenient to administer.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by nameless
You don't need multiple user groups.
Just send the indial to the vm group and use the vm to route the calls to the correct aa greeting
btw sending to vm group limits your menu options vs the usergroup AA menus.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
We were told it was due to the on-board resources.

My understanding is that Samsung have a plan to make the SCMC a multi-tenant system in some future release.

Not sure how quickly that will happen.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 128 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024