web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#614636 12/07/17 11:13 AM
OP Offline
Good morning all,

I have an OfficeServ 7400. I have a user who wanted a cordless phone and so I switched them from their Digital desk phone to an Analog cordless one. I changed the port to which the extension was bound to in the Installation Tool application in the 2.8.0 Menu titled "Numbering Plan" -- Since I made this switch, this extension can no longer dial out using 8 (or at all as far as I know.) When they try, they just get oscillating tones. I tried going through all of the options to see if there is anything else that looks out of place but I haven't found anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
-Dennis

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
What happens if you try to direct access a trunk by dialing like 7XX assuming your numbering plan is default. Did you check trunk access?

pvj #614638 12/07/17 11:42 AM
OP Offline
pvj,

Thank you for the quick response! I'm going to preface this with "I am not a phone expert." but I can see in the Installation Tool application, under 2.6.1 titled "Trunk Data" there are several entries in the 7xx range. When I dial 701, I continue to get a dial tone and then I dial an outside number and still get the oscillating tones. I tried 747 (which is at the top of the list in this menu) and I instantly get the oscillating tones.

I am not 100% sure where to go to check "trunk access" but I will look for this verbiage in my continued search in the menus within the Installation Tool application.

Thank you!
-Dennis

Last edited by Dennis Nolen Jr.; 12/07/17 11:49 AM.
OP Offline
I also just want to make sure it is known that the user's extension did not change. It is the same as it was using the Digital phone, where they could dial out.

Thanks!
-Dennis

pvj Offline
Can you call the cordless from another phone?Can you transfer a call from a phone to the cordless phone?
Can the cordless phone internally call other phones?

Last edited by pvj; 12/07/17 12:40 PM.
pvj #614645 12/07/17 01:07 PM
OP Offline
pvj,

Yes to all three. It can also receive calls from the outside.

Thank you for helping me out!
-Dennis

pvj Offline
In your first post you said you dial 8 to dial out is that correct and that works from a digital phone? Default would usually be 9 to dial out so it may have been changed. Do you have a backup of the system programming at all?

pvj #614648 12/07/17 01:53 PM
OP Offline
pvj,

That is correct. Pressing 8 to dial out works both for digital and analog phones. I had tried pressing 9 to dial out on that phone as a test earlier but the oscillating tones occurs after pressing just a few buttons.

I have been able to locate only one backup from 2014 that my predecessors made -- I am scared to restore that one as I have no clue how much has changed since it was made.

I personally have made two backups since I started here...One from June and one that I had made just today.

Thanks!
-Dennis

Last edited by Dennis Nolen Jr.; 12/07/17 01:55 PM.
Can you check if you have anything in mmc306 under T/S No.? If you have something on that extension. Remove it and try dial out again.

OP Offline
Alright so just for testing purposes I have changed the configuration back to the way it was this morning and put the digital phone back at the user's desk. With things reverted back to the way they were this morning, the user was able to dial out on the digital phone with the same extension. Just to confirm that I'm not going down a rabbit hole, I tested two other lines that are on the analog cards and they can in fact dial out.

One thing that is strange is that in the 2.8.0 - "Numbering Plan" I removed the extension in question from the analog port and re-assigned it to the digital port for this test. However, for S&G's I picked up the analog phone and was expecting no dial tone, but there was one. So from the analog phone, I dialed my extension and saw the extension that used to be assigned to this analog port (but I removed it and switched it back to the digital phone) come up.

I then dialed the extension in question from my digital phone and saw a "FWD -> 508" come up and the digital phone for the user with the issue answered. The digital phone rang and the analog one did not. I have no idea what this means but it doesn't happen when I dial other digital line extensions. I am thinking this has something to do with the issue.

The search continues...

Again, thank you very much for giving me ideas for this issue, I really appreciate it.
-Dennis

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 143 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024