web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#614684 12/08/17 03:45 PM
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
We don't do much voip at all. Is this Grandstream voip pbx any good. It seems to be an asterisk system in an applicance? Any reviews from other forum members?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

jsaad #614692 12/08/17 08:10 PM
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Grandstream is just a repackaged Asterisk, as the folks at Grandstream will readily admit. It's a decent set-up for a relatively low price, but you do get what you pay for. It doesn't seem to like to play with analog phone lines very well, and can be a bit clunky and tedious to provision if you have more that twenty extensions involved. Not an outstanding system, but not a lousy one either. We've installed several lately with no major problems.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
jsaad #614697 12/09/17 02:16 AM
Grandstream is very good in my book if you get the right size server for the right network and use nice switches like the HP Procurve. You have to have a SIP trunk provider that works with it. Not all sip trunks are the same, stay away from Vitelity even though they are tire 1, and DID FOR SALE also no good. If you need support from the manufacture then they may not be for you. Support is slow only through email and although they nail it for me when I have a problem beyond my capabilities like reading the nitty gritty of a SIP header.

I've worked with Grandstream on nation wide networks and they are very reliable. Although with a large network Avaya is probably the best way to go if your customer can handle the cost

Phone System Repair and Relocation in The Los Angeles Area.
Do It Right The First Time
http://www.itwiretechs.com
jsaad #614710 12/09/17 02:29 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I've done several Grandstream systems, never had a good experience.

jsaad #615115 01/01/18 08:59 PM
VoIp can be a pain...the only thing I dont lile about Grandstream is support. I had a sip trunk start failing over so i did a call capture..uploaded it to Grandstream and they got back to me the next day with..uncheck the box...it worked but how did it get checked in the first place..none of my other trunks had the box checked and they all had been up and running for months

Phone System Repair and Relocation in The Los Angeles Area.
Do It Right The First Time
http://www.itwiretechs.com
jsaad #615328 01/11/18 08:18 AM
Look at CQ Simple Nimbus. It's Asterisk/FreePbx. System sizes from 10-1000 users.
Unlimited Warranty and No License fee.
Tech Support is what it should be.

https://www.cqsimple.com/

jsaad #616178 02/04/18 03:21 PM
Just another data point:

My Grandstream experience was fairly awful. This was a few years ago so maybe their gear has gotten better. I have no interest in finding out!

The phones looked nice but were poorly made. The phones had firmware bugs that GS did not seem interested in ever fixing, and the bugs kept some features from working. The PBX puts a pretty interface on Asterisk, but that was buggy, with features that didn't work, or simply were not offered. Support from them was often not helpful and often incomplete. So you are at the mercy of the users' forum which, while helpful, is just a lousy way to support a product IMHO.

My advice: Avoid Grandstream.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gary S., Toner), 138 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024