web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
OP Offline
I have a bunch of 66 blocks with dual 50 pin female Amphenol connectors, where there's one on each side.

For a project I'm doing, it'd sure make my life easier if I had a few of these, but with 4 connectors (two on each side), where I assume the pair on each side is wired in parallel, where the two sides can be bused together with bridge clips.

Even 3 AMP connectors would work, if two of the three were wired in parallel. This would at least provide a way to chain blocks together easily, while leaving the third AMP connector available for "programming" with bridge clips.

A 66 block with 3 or more AMP connectors wired up seem to be rare beasts to acquire, but I know I've seen them before, both in the wild, and in scrap yards.

So two questions:

A) Is there a good source for these, or if recommending particular suppliers is bad, perhaps the proper search terminology for these. I've tried "66 block 4 amphenol connectors", and variations for the connectors, including "rj21", "telco", "50 pin", etc. There seems to be no standard way for distributors to name these connections.

B) Is there a clever way to "easily" use what I have (66 blocks with dual AMP connectors), but without having to punch a lot of wires between blocks. I'd prefer to use cables with the 50 pin connectors to "chain" the blocks together, instead of punching a lot of wires.

PS. If curious what this is for, it's for R&D and debugging a 1A2 circuit board I've been working on, a single board that can do most of what e.g. a 511A KSU can do; 2 RJ11 connectors in, 4 AMP connectors out. Features include an intercom and touchtone extension buzzing. Fun project, spent a few years on-and-off on it. Trying to wrap it up.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Greg:

By far, the most supportive manufacturers are either Siemon Company or Ortronics, Inc. I have to tell you that a pre-wired block with four connectors isn't going to be cheap. Here's a link to the page in Siemon's catalog that you're seeking in order to get part numbers.

SIEMON PREWIRED M4 SERIES BLOCKS

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Ah, perfect.. much thanks, Ed!
With that I found a source that sells new ones for around $100, which which given the time it saves me to not punch it down, is probably worth it.

A vendor titled it a SIEMON 50PR BLOCK 66 BRIDGED, so I'm good.

And in fact, the 66 blocks I have are Siemon's too; they have the nice velcro straps to retain the connector.

You should be able to punch down 1 25 pair cable in 5 minutes , the time you spent searching took longer than that .

Ground is Ground the world around !
OP Offline
BTW, here's a preview of the 1a2 board I've been working on, the reason I needed the described 66 block.. a small electronics project gone out of control wink

[Linked Image from seriss.com]

Basically a "single board" KSU. Basically does what a 511a KSU does, but small, light, and with some added features.
Makes it "easy" to hook up a bunch of 1a2 phones for use with the usual features (Hold, call transfer, lamps, intercom, bells, buzzers, programmable ringing). Just add a 12v supply, some 1a2 phones, and some US style POTS compatible lines.

Still working on finishing touches, but it's pretty close to being done. Will probably make a webpage for it to "open source" the schematics, circuit description, board layout, manual.

Questions welcome.

OP Offline
> Basically does what a 511a KSU does
*551a*

That's a neat idea, I was wondering if anyone was doing something like this. All sorts of great features you could add without a wall board full of relays and boxes smile
Cool....

You can tell that it is a factory made circuit board. Very few people use 1a2 or 1a1 anymore except as an at home hobby . You can hardly find one used in a business . So what is the point? Please explain why I would one?

I have a pair of the yellow handle cutters you can see in the picture . I use the to trim my toe nails , they work really well for that .

In fact those yellow handles work so well trimming my toe nails I rarely have to use my burnishing tool to smooth them out .

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,292 Shoretel
188,178 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, newtecky), 85 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024