web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have a customer with 9 different Premier USB MOH boxes for his 9 different companies running through the PBX. The customer wanted to know if there was a way to use fewer boxes and still get providing different custom MOH audio to the PBX. I have not heard of any device that can play multiple files to multiple outputs, but I thought I would see if anyone else ran across something like that.

Replacing the PBX is not an option. The primary purpose is to reduce the number of devices and the space used on the back board.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

That is a question I would ask the moh supplier .

Ground is Ground the world around !
I'm not aware of anything like that, can't believe there would be much demand for it. I would be very comfortable with 9 separate players. Why does he care about how much space they take up anyway?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Pull the players, put them next to the companies that use them and extend it via a spare pair. I mean these devices today are really small.

OP Offline
I pretty much told the customer that such a product does not exist, but just on the off chance I thought I would look around and make an effort. I think we have them installed pretty well on the backboard, but they want to add an access control system to the back board.

As you said, the demand would be pretty low for something like this, but I am sometimes surprised as to what exists. This can be done easily internally with an IP PBX, but not with their current Toshiba system.

We may use a long screw and stack them up to save some board space.

Thanks.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Pull the players, put them next to the companies that use them and extend it via a spare pair. I mean these devices today are really small.

All the "Companies" are on the same PBX with different DIDs

They are pretty small. I have them lined up in a 3X3 square with some space for the USB.

We may just stack them up to open a little bit of space on the board.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by newtecky
I think we have them installed pretty well on the backboard, but they want to add an access control system to the back board..
Been there too many times.

Yes it is quite easy to run out of room on a backboard of an MDF. Especially in smaller buildings where only one MDF is required so the MDF also serves an an IDF. You have Entrance cables (copper/FO/CATV et cetera), backbone and horizontal cabling, any Voice and/or Data equipment, Voicemail, Paging, Pathway for EMT, Fire Alarm, Security,

Sometimes space just isn't there are other accommodations need to be made. I had a customer ask if I could just place their voice mail system in the attic space. I told them "Yes, I can, as long as it is readily accessible, and has a dedicated isolated AC power source, however being installed in that type of environment it would void the warranty by the manufacturer and our company. You paid $$$$$, your choice."

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
A lot of access control can now be installed right at each door. Paxton being one Harmon being another. Rosslare on the other hand on the backboard (along with a bunch more).

John 807
OP Offline
I think we will just stack them 3 deep.

Thank for the input

Originally Posted by John807
A lot of access control can now be installed right at each door. Paxton being one Harmon being another. Rosslare on the other hand on the backboard (along with a bunch more).

Our company likes to use Axis. They are POE powered manage 2 doors per box. I think there are docs that also mention that these can be mounted near the doors. Personally I like things centrally accessed rather then search through the ceiling tiles, but maybe because I'm used to doing it that way.

I can look at those other systems, but our company seems to be set on Axis, I think primarily because it is has a built-in web browser, IE, no software to install.

Here are the boxes we installed (we'll fix the power cord once permanent power outlet gets installed).

[Linked Image from filedn.com]

You may want to put a spacer between the stacked units for air flow , maybe not much heat from each unit but may multiply,,also with all the equipment being installed in the room make sure the room temperature isn't getting above Manufactures specs..,, helps extending electronic equipment life. Just a Thought.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024