web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#619185 04/23/18 09:40 PM
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Have a customer that has 10 locations. Each location has an IPO running some flavor of R9 software. Theses sites are all networked together via SCN. The main site serves as the host site for VM Pro.

Voicemail for everyone at every site works well, except for one remote location. At this location, they have a group mailbox that is assigned to the main hunt group. If a VM gets left in this group mailbox, all the member extensions get a notification and if you press the VM key, visual voicemail shows messages in this group mailbox. However, they cannot play the message. When you scroll to that mailbox and press Ok, it simply does nothing. Personal mailboxes on individual extensions are fine. If they reboot the IPO at this remote location, they can access and play messages out of this group mailbox one time. After that, it doesn't work again.

At the main site (where VM Pro is located), I added one of the extensions to the group at the remote location that is having issues. I can play, delete, save messages without any problem.

I deleted the entire mailbox and re-created, and no help.

Any ideas what could be going on here?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya
Have you upgraded to the most current Service Pack?
This is a noted problem: https://support.avaya.com/ext/index?page=content&id=SOLN258490&group=UG_INTERNAL

Sounds like you are affected by Case 1:

CASE 1: VM Pro - Group Mailbox Issue through SCN using Visual Voice

Using Voicemail PRO Visual Voice, intermittently getting some of the following issues:

new messages not shown in Visual Voice.
cannot access or play message showing in Visual Voice
old messages not shown in Visual Voice
already played messages shows as not read
messages showing in the list of messages do not play
messages that show in the list of messages, cannot be deleted
MWI not matching message list

Issue reported in 8.1, 9.0 SP7

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Have not installed the latest service pack. It's odd to me that this has been working flawlessly since the install (2+ years ago) and now this starts acting up.
I will look into this further. But, from what you've said and what I'm reading, I think your suggestion is valid and may help in our issue.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024