Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#620148 05/22/18 07:45 PM
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

I have a DHS that I installed about 12 years ago. Technology wise maybe a fossil at this point but still works. call

Anyhow they would like if the CO line would not ring before the Auto Attendant answers (Dispatch) "One Ring"

Looking at the program manual I can see I can change the ring sound for a CO Line ringing. And the manual eludes to
the possibility that the ring can be turned off but does not explain how or what program keys are used. At least not
that I can find. I can continue to look but thought if I am chasing my tail someone in here to give me a hint.

Thanks for any hints. help

Les

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Under system programming go to STATION (not CO) then toggle through
Day COS
Night COS
CO Line Assign
Receive Assign
Ring Assign

This is for the extension in question

Beginning on page 6-13

Last edited by Professor Shadow; 05/22/18 08:34 PM. Reason: page number insert.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Professor,

That is what I was missing. It is not a overall system, it is by
each Station.

I got it!!

Thanks!!! smiley-bounce

Les

ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Dean,

A follow up question.

On this Vodavi DHS system there was a recent loss of power and the system did some
dumb stuff afterwards. I replaced the AA batteries in the Dispatch AA/VM since they were old, old, old.

Looking at the DHS I see there is a VARTA 3.6V 70mAH NiMH battery soldered to the board.

No big deal, so I went to the local Battery store and picked up a replacement battery.
Scheduled the time last week and made the trip to the site.

Removed the new battery from the plastic bag and notices some white dust on one end. Hmmmmm
I got my meter and it reads 1.845vdc. For a new battery that is to be 3.6vdc it would seem to me
that I have a purchased a dead battery.

Today I returned to the Battery store and express my frustration. The guy checks other batteries in the drawer.
They all read about the same 1.8vdc. Then he says "Did you try and charge it??" to which I say. "How do I do that??"

I am certainly not going disassemble the phone system to de-solder and battery to solder in a potential dead
battery just to see if it charges. Then he says that Federal Law mandates that batteries are required not to be
fully charged during shipping. banghead

I had originally picked up a 3 pin but they had some two pins as well so I decided to swap for a two pin since
that is what is on the board.

Before I totally lost it, I just walked out. Zatomic

I was thinking that just to see if it is a charging issue or not, that maybe if I took a couple of AA Duracell batteries
and connect in series and bump shock the NiMH that maybe it would make me feel more comfortable.

So I returned to my office with that in mind. So before I set up my jumper cables and actually zap this thing
I checked the voltage of this battery and it is reading 3.54vdc. WHAT?? Again I did not check the voltage of
this one before I walked out. But, the guy had checked all those that he took out of the drawer ( I thought) and
they were all at the 1.8vdc level.

Honestly, I rarely work with NiMH batteries. So I can't say what would be the correct voltage of a "new battery"
I would expect that not fully charged (which means amp capacity) not voltage, But at 3.54vdc makes more sense
than 1.8vdc.

Do you or anyone have any words of wisdom on this that you would like to share?? anyone

Thanks in advance.

Les

Last edited by ABLE1; 05/29/18 01:32 PM.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally Posted by ABLE1
Do you or anyone have any words of wisdom on this that you would like to share?? anyone

I do, but I'm afraid this may sound rude. I don't intend for it to be.

As someone who installed the Vodavi DHS when they first came out and for many years after, my advice would be to tell the customer to buy a new phone system. The DHS was flaky from the start, add 20 years to it and it is now old and flaky. We actually quit selling the Vodavi DHS because we had so many weird issues.

It's a 20-year-old piece of equipment that has been running 24 x 7 x 365. They have gotten their monies worth.

No offence,
Larry

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
It only takes 14 hours for the system to fully charge the NiHM batteries! I have never had to replace
the batteries because I have only installed a couple of the DHS's and that was many moons ago.

Now as to not having the batteries charged I have only heard of this with larger batteries like for
cars, UPS's and such. Never for sizes like AA, AAA, C, D, 9 VT, various button sizes for Hearing Aids,
and other devices.

The manual does not say what the battery type or voltage is.

Dean
Photographs:

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by nfcphoneman

I do, but I'm afraid this may sound rude. I don't intend for it to be.

It's a 20-year-old piece of equipment that has been running 24 x 7 x 365. They have gotten their monies worth.

No offence,
Larry

No offence taken Larry, but if they are NOT INTERESTED because it is still running. What would do you do??

Run your screwdriver across the motherboard so it won't run any more and make it an emergency replacement project??

I think not.

BTW I have the same system in my house with a Dispatch VM and 6 extensions, and it is still working just fine as well.
It does what I want it to do in spite of all the quirks that I have not seen.

And if it really came down to it and my customer was in desperate need, I might even offer mine as a quick fix
if they didn't want to upgrade to a new system. They already know that the hand writing is on the wall but
are not willing to jump into a new system at this time.

Les

ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Now as to not having the batteries charged I have only heard of this with larger batteries like for
cars, UPS's and such. Never for sizes like AA, AAA, C, D, 9 VT, various button sizes for Hearing Aids,
and other devices.

Dean,

The fact that this battery I now have is at 3.54vdc I feel better about installing it on the board.

I just don't like when someone try's to piss on my leg and tell me it is raining.
I rarely go to this battery store but this time they had the battery I needed.
Well, I thought they did........................

Have a good rest of the week.

Les

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
No offence taken Larry, but if they are NOT INTERESTED because it is still running. What would do you do??

Run your screwdriver across the motherboard so it won't run any more and make it an emergency replacement project??

What about the ice bucket challenge?
Set a large plastic cup full of ice on top of the KSU on a Friday evening and see if they call you Monday morning? devil

Dean
Photographs:

ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow

What about the ice bucket challenge?
Set a large plastic cup full of ice on top of the KSU on a Friday evening and see if they call you Monday morning? devil

LOL

I am guessing you just made that up............... right??
It would never r-e-a-l-l-y happen............................... would it??

I know nothiiiiiiing.......................... eek grin

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,055 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024