web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#621368 06/21/18 02:23 PM
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
had another run in with sts. they have some paging buttons that work fine but if i try to page with code 760 or 761 the system doesnt register anything. display doesnt change and no prepage tone. if i try to make a page button it wont take it. i tried at the phone and in system programs also. get the error tone. i did try putting a voicemail button on a button that wouldnt take page and that worked fine. anyone have a clue what is going on. thanks. dave

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
If I remember correctly...

1. Lift the handset or press the Speaker button.
2. Dial the paging code.
[700] = All Call - Internal and External
[701- 708] = Internal Zone 1-8
[709] = Internal All Calls
[761] = External Zone
3. Speak in normal tone of voice to deliver message.
4. Replace handset to terminate the page announcement.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
-or
Use
the Soft Key’s ALLPG IN or ALLPG OUT options (versus codes 709 or 761) when in an
idle condition.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Make sure the extension has page access allowed and it is assigned to the group or groups you want in to be in. Both settings are in feature 50/51 programming. By the way at least one phone has to be assigned to a group or that group will not work.

Last edited by Derrick; 06/21/18 03:49 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
yes that is exactly how i did it. this is external paging. all call works fine. and it is enabled at all the stations. i did see something in the manual about soft keys but i tried all three with no luck. its just the ext paging that wont work and wont assign to a button but the crazy thing is it works with the button on the phones that do have a page button programed already.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If paging access is enabled for the phones in question and dialing 761 on the keypad will not activate external paging, it may be time to do a soft reset of the system.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Dave, this is a crazy question, but are you the same person who was looking to use relay contacts for a fire alarm notification? I'm wondering if changing the purpose of the external contacts may be causing this? Maybe you should try changing the purpose of the relay contacts to external paging and see if anything changes. Just a wild guess.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
yes i think a soft reset is a good idea. and yes it is the same customer with the relay buttons. but they all worked fine together. i havent added the new relay buttons yet. i am thinking of doing the reset when i add the fire buttons and then trying the page buttons again. never seen anything like this before. only thing i can think of is a hick up in the database. i would like to avoid doing a default if i can.

What type of amplifier is the paging system using? Could it maybe be a Trunk and not the actual Page Port?

Maybe check the flex codes and see if they got changes for some reason. You got a weird one Dave! Good luck.

Last edited by oobie; 06/22/18 07:47 AM.
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
i think its a viking 2apa. i am pretty sure it uses the page port. its worth a check to make sure. i didnt know you could change the codes for paging. i didnt do it. i hope to give it a reset the first part of the week and see if that helps. while im there i will check to see hwat kind of port it is using and a couple other things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 154 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024