Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#621141 06/15/18 01:06 PM
OP Offline
Trying to program class 10 Station User ID and have only been able to enter the first Character...Any idea what I need to do to get to the 2nd character?

Attendant Phone Installer Programming, ADIX

Misskahill
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I haven't programmed with a phone in about 15 years.....Try pressing the HOLD button to advance one space to the right. If I remember correctly, pressing the # key toggles upper and lower case. If HOLD doesn't work, try SPKR. Like I said, it's been a long time...

Be sure to press the ENTER key- key number 12- when finished.

Last edited by JBean3329; 06/15/18 05:30 PM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
I can't imagine what it would be like to program an entire system from a phone!

You may already have this - the programming template. Don't know if I'm doing this right. going to try to insert a link to it. Doesn't answer your question though, how to advance to the next character.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com</div>
<br>

<div class= Last edited by Keyset6; 06/19/18 06:53 PM.
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
PM Sent

Let me know if that works for you.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I have an ADIX -VS in the shop. I'll try it later today and get you a definitive answer.

As you may have guessed if I had a choice, I'd rather be in jail than program an entire system with the keyset. I've done it in the past, but I don't like to think about it....

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Got a chance to try it in the shop, maybe JBean's message told you this: SPKR advances to the next character, TRAN goes back. Enter (per template) when done, if I didn't hit Next it wouldn't save. I found '1' does different characters including a space when I re-programmed the name: Sarah 1

I wonder what you guys did years ago after a system was defaulted? I guess you had a written or printed record of all the configuration. I thought I was going to have to do that with a Samsung system, not sure of the model, the power supplies say 56/120. Fortunately the memory was intact after replacing the power supply. I 'practiced' just to get familiar with the procedure in the shop with the system we have. That's what reminded me to try it with an Adix. We're actually installing an Adix for a customer at a new site they moved to with Gen 3 24 button phones. They're saving big bucks over something new, and we have a good supply of spare parts.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Programming sheets were an absolute must on a system install, even with the first programmers, only because it took three or four floppy discs- some of you may have to Google 'floppy disc" -just in case something went wrong. A three-ring binder was part of the parts list on every new install for many years.

Yes, those 3-ring binders were in the switchroom in the 80s when I was with Rolm, At least with the Iwatsu you could program a defaulted system. The older Rolm systems used cassette tapes and a Techtran loader. Failures when loading were common. With no database, there was no dial tone, nothing. If no luck at all we'd bring tapes from another customer's system and try those just to get it going. Of course the database was different so there were many phones/trunks not working. I think in that case a new copy of the software would need to be generated in California and sent out, of course by mail. The memory batteries for those were big 12v gel cells.

I'll never forget during Rolm training in 1984 when we did the reloading of a down system and the cassette based system's load was successful, the instructor said 'I don't believe it - it worked!' It was great when the Rolm 8000 came out with a floppy disk system, they were 8" so they could fit all 180K. Not Meg, Kilo,

We recently bought some cordless phone 3.6v batteries for the Adix CPUs. I always save the original battery connectors. The new 3.6v batteries can be connected to the Adix CPU with caution - the polarity must be observed because the battery plug can be inserted both ways.

I know this an old thread, but I visited it again to reference what I found re: programming with a phone. I have an account where the Adix is in another building - the Police dept. of all places. Of course that takes some time signing in/out PBX room access etc. Ironically, years ago (before my time with this co.) modem connections were dependable enough for the most part, because most COs (in my state at least) were the same company. Now with cable companies, T1s, etc, it's pretty much forget about remote access. Even on the site with an analog line I'd have to connect an external modem to my pc to access the existing modem on a CO, it may not work anyway.

The customer's voicemail is in the main town hall building along with the Esna voicemail. Many times they just need name changes. I figured out what keys do what for upper/lower case, spaces, numerical entry. This would save time being able to program names from the town hall, the attendant phone on port 1 is there. What I'm wondering is - the book says HOLD becomes NULL in programming mode. NULL means to enter a blank space. I found that not the be the case, pressing 1 will alternate between symbols and a blank space. I wonder if anyone has experienced the same or different results? I know it's very unlikely anyone would even need to program names from a phone now. All the more respect for those who had no choice but to program the whole system from a phone back in the day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024