web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#622598 08/07/18 06:12 PM
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
The SL2100 has 4 built-in Mobile Extension licenses. This allows a cell phone to connect to the 2100 and act like a single line set. At first I mistakenly thought I needed an app on the cell phone, like the MLC app that I used on the 9100. But couldn't find one for the 2100 (because its not needed).

Once I realized its called Mobile Extension, and not MLC or uMobility or anything else, I think it's a matter of setting up the mobile extension in the 2100. The Features and Specs manual has some info in it, although it looks a little cumbersome for the end user. Has anyone used this? How well does it work?

Thanks.
Jim

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have it setup here at my office on a 8100,
When I call my DID number the system sees my cell number and redirects my call to the mobile extension, I now have system dial tone which gives me the capability to dial any extension number, log into voicemail or 9 for a outside line. That's all I use it for.

We get old too soon, smart too late
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks dans. So, in order to get an internal dial tone, the user must call in with their cell phone and somehow get to their assigned mobile extension number. We aren't using DID. I suppose I could eat up an analog CO trunk and make it DIL to the mobile extension, but that seems wasteful.

Intercom calls or transferring a call to the user's deskphone, with the proper call forwarding, should call out on an idle trunk and ring the cell phone? Can you receive calls through the mobile extension number?

Thanks.
Jim

Mobile extension will work with analog but is not recommended.

Receiving calls
My desk phone fix call forward is set as both ring to the mobile extension 164.
Extension 164 fix call forward is set as no answer to InMails pilot number.
(When mobile extension is setup the CPU will look at program 13-04.

When a call is transferred to my desk phone by a co worker or auto attendant the call rings both my desk phone and cell, if no answer goes to my desk phones voicemail.
Extension to extension calls also ring my desk and cell

The only bug I haven't figure out (not a priority) is when someone calls my DID the call only rings my desk phone. I see the call come in and at the same time the last channel lights up and drops.

Speed up your speed dial. Insert a # at the end of the dial number.

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
So the Mobile Extension feature seems to be good for receiving calls from the office, but more I involved to initiate calls.

Thanks for the info.

Yoda, once setup it simple to use, just like using a onsite system analog phone.

Coral Tech,
Your recommendation didn't make since due to transferred calls go through, I tried it anyway with same results. I have a hunch it has to do with ARS. When I have more time I'll dig deeper and post the solution.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Thought it was timing out. Normally, the # key will act as an enter key and bybass the delay. I use this all the time.

Check 14-01-13
Check 20-11-12

Verify your settings in 15-22 (I use confirmation is not required)

Then verify your COS for all ext involved.

Coral Tech,
Your recommendations have already been done.
Thanks for the input!

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Got it set up without any trouble. I tested with my cell and thought it was ok, other than waiting 8-10 seconds for the outgoing call to be made (over the pots line.). Then the customer decided he was just going to use call forwarding from his phone. Anyway, it was a good exercise for me.

Thanks for the help.
Jim

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 54 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024