web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
DD782 Offline OP
OP Offline
CTX-100 using Charter cable phone lines. Charter says call waiting is turned off. Rollover on first two lines. When the phone rings and you answer the call no one is there, so you hang up and the phone rings back automatically, this time the person is on the line. I have tried different phones (DKT-3014) & different incoming line card, neither has solved the problem. This system was working fine before this problem started. Suggestions Please!!!!!!! Thanks, DD782

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
Remove both lines from the CIX put them onto 2 2500 sets and test. Have Charter dispatch a tech for vendor meet and test together.

Yep. Vendor meet is your best bet, even though they may still want to blame the PBX.

For the most part Analog hand-off is pretty basic, but I know of at least one case where the CIX didn't work correctly with a Cisco IAD. It was a know issue with Toshiba support.

DD782 Offline OP
OP Offline
Tested lines with (2) 2500 phone sets. Lines seem OK. Went back to problem and saw that the phones are not always going to the ringing incoming line automatically. Went o DKT station settings #204 and checked preferences -- set to CO line and ringing line. Turned off ringing line and now have complaint that when using wireless headset she can't answer the call from across the room. Have to push the ringing Line to answer the call. Is there something else in the settings that could keep the ringing line option from working? I have tried a different station card, symptom didn't change. Maybe something in the timing settings? Thanks in Advance, Lyle

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If you changed her line buttons to "no ring" then she will need to push the CO line button to answer the call. That's how it works for every phone system I've worked on from other manufacturers. Your description of your troubleshooting is vague.. When you said, "Went back to problem and saw that the phones are not always going to the ringing incoming line automatically", what does that mean?

DD782 Offline OP
OP Offline
I had the DKT station settings set to CO Line & Ringing and Idle. The system started not always going to the ringing line when a call came in. They would pick up the phone and hear a dial tone, hang up and the ringing would continue. They would answer it again and some one would be there. ( Not sure if they pushed the blinking line button at this time to get the call.) I tried the above things to remedy this with no results. Thought I would turn off line ringing feature, then they would have to push the Line button to get a call. This works except for wireless headset from across the room. (I forgot about the headset.) Would like to know why the line ringing feature quit in the first place. I hope I have made this problem more clear. Thanks, Lyle

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 124 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024