Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#62308 05/22/09 05:34 AM
Mace Offline OP
OP Offline
We have an Inter-tel system and I am using DB Studio version 9.100.

Our company has two different phone device types (model 8250 & Standard Digital Terminal). I have some users that swap their phones with a different model and then call me and tell me that their keyset buttons do not work.

Using the programing software I cannot seem to figure out how to assign these people the other device\phone type.

I apologize for asking such an obviously amateurish question but I have been handed the responsibilities of this phone system without any training.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#62309 05/22/09 05:46 AM
Here's my suggestion: Each station has a standard and alternate keymap assignment. Use the 8250 for Standard and 4400 for the Alternate. This way when folks change from one to the other, they only have to enter the Alternate Keymap feature code 399.

To review the key programming for each keymap, in programming working on the left side: go to System, Station-Related Information, Key Assignments, Keyset, then click on the number of the keymap. It will default to 8600 Keymap, but you'll change it to whatever phone type you are using, then click on the word Keymap. Use the arrow keys to navigate between buttons so you can check that each are programmed the way you want.

Andrea
#62310 05/22/09 05:52 AM
Mace Offline OP
OP Offline
You are my hero. Thanks so much!

#62311 05/28/09 05:30 AM
I've got a (somewhat) related question: Is the keymap specific to the the keyset group within which it's created? I've created a handful of keymaps(6) for various business units, each with buttons specific to the unit's job function(s). I presume, based on what you've said above, that this is an acceptable configuration?

After reprogramming all the phones in my environment I've got a couple of strange things happening. I've got some buttons configured to display when an user/extension is active (aka on the phone). In this example, we'll call that extension 150.

Extension 150 is a button that is configured on all (6) keyset groups, although it's placement on the keymap may vary between groups. In some groups this extension will show as constantly active even though the extension is not in use or off hook. On others it will accurately reflect the state of the extension (active/inactive). I'm confused as to why this is the case. Any suggestions as to what I can try or what I've done incorrectly? Thanks in advance for any insight offered.

#62312 05/28/09 06:00 AM
ID the keys on each of your keysets - the x150 key - by leaving the handset down, punching in 396 then the x150 key and see what info is displayed on the phones to find the difference between the flashing and solid keymaps. I've seen what you describe when 1 keymap is a DSS/BLF for and extension and 1 keymap is a DSS/BLF for a hunt group.

Andrea
#62313 05/28/09 07:09 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, Andrea! That's one of the first things I tried and it displays the expected extension. The extension in question isn't part of any hunt group either... I've been scratching my head on this so much that it's starting to hurt. ;-) Any other possibilities?

This is a consistent issue within a given keyset group, as opposed to various endpoints. I'll try defaulting all stations within one of the trouble keyset groups and see if that yields anything different. Perhaps I did somethign silly in the button assignment. I'll go back and triple verify that one too. Thank you for your suggestions! Any and all suggestions are always welcome!!

#62314 05/28/09 08:40 AM
well, i figured out a band-aid solution: I chaged the pre-configured button to be user programmable button #1 and then assisgned it to DSS/BLF 'x150', defaulted the phones in the keyset group and now it's working correctly. Seems a bit odd to me but it produces the desired result. Does that seem a bit strange to you?

#62315 05/28/09 08:44 AM
strange for sure. glad it's doing what you need it to do though.

Andrea

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,295
Posts638,838
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,647 Shoretel
189,532 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (Xdm, justbill, Memphisribs, Andyreed, Toner), 168 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024