web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm looking for instructions on how to format and reinstall software on a SmartMedia card for an iDCS-500 r2, SMCard - 2.44L
I had help this week at a client's location and my "helper" removed the SMCard and "says" they only READ the data on the Card. They didn't know the standard SMCard readers don't play well with Samsung format.
But when they reinstalled the SMCard, the phone no longer "boots"
The MP light comes on on the MCP2 card
The LAN Light comes on..
The SM Light starts blinking for about 20 seconds or so, then goes off and that's it.
So, since I can't get to the MMC, by phone or HTTP, I need to either ReProgram the SMCard, get a NEW SMCard with 2.44L already on it, order an MCP2 from ebay with the 2.44L card in it... or bite the bullet and order a phone system for our client at our expense.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-spokanetelecom

TimeWarner provides.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would cut my losses and just get a new mcp2 with a card in it. It's not that expensive and you have a back up processor at least. Here is some found. PcLiquidations is pretty good. We have bought from them before.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,090 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (dexman, Keyset6), 128 guests, and 354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024