web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have several NEC IP Phones and a few Grandstream ATA Adapters for fax machines and analog devices. Before a recent firmware upgrade to 8.00.00, everything was good. After the upgrade, a few of the Grandstream devices have been having issues. The first one seemed to be resolved by re-assigning a different IP address to the device. I spent half a day troubleshooting, swapping extensions, replacing the adapter with a new one, checking for IP conflicts, etc. Of course, the last thing I tried was changing the IP address and it started working and has been solid since.

However, this other Grandstream ATA that goes to a DoorKing gate phone. Before the upgrade it was fine. After the upgrade, anytime it dialed a NEC VoIP, it the NEC VoIP would ring, but the ATA would received a busy signal. When the NEC VoIP went off-hook, it would hang up and drop the call. Using the Grandstream ATA, I can tell the DoorKing to dial a SLT/MLT, an off-prem phone or even a cell and it works. But since the upgrade, that one adapter will not work when dialing a VoIP phone.

I remember from class a few years ago, an article ID 11373 - VoIP Terminals Receive Busy Then Hang Up When Going Off Hook to Make or Answer Calls (Published in 2014). It talked about licensing in 10-54-01, but that's not my issue. I've got license for 150 IP phones. I'm really thinking this has something to do with the firmware upgrade. We've replaced the ATA, moved extensions, changed IPs, replaced the DKS dialer, etc...nothing seems to work. Suggestions?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would reset all the switches. It's possible the ARP tables did not update. Also, are you using VPN and or NAT remote?

OP Offline
Coral,

Sorry for such a delay, but thanks for the reply. Yes, I've reset the switches all the way to the core. The ARP tables look good. There is no NAT or VPN. These devices are on the same subnet as the server and phones. They are on a completely isolated network with it's own set of physical switches and fibers.

Have you gone into 90-23 and then have it add back in? Have you also checked that some sort of forwarding wasn't activated?

OP Offline
Yea, I've completely deleted the extensions all the way to the System Numbering level and recreated them on different ports. I can have the analog line dial any VoIP and get the same results. I've replaced the ATA adapater and that didn't fix it. I also changed the ATA Adapter with a known working one from a fax line. The both analog lines work when the adapters were switched, but I still could not call out from that that particular analog line. Thought it might be the ending equipment/dialer, but I put a plain telephone on it and still resulted in the same behavior. The only two things I've can think of is 1) the firmware created an issue and possibility affected some sort of sensitivity with that line; 2) there was a hum on the line before the upgrade and after. I'm just wondering of there is a sensitivity setting someone that has been added or changed with the firmware.

Have you put these on a workbench on the same switch as the system and tried that? Almost sounds like a DTMF payload setting on top other things.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 131 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024