web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
bdtprez Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a summit VS-5000 system I am trying to set up from scratch. It will have 4 POTS lines and 5 Edge 700 digital phones. For now I am just trying to get the basic setup working so I have POTS lines 2-74 disabled. I have read through these forums, read everything I could find on the Vertical FTP site and have tried everything I can think of, re-initializing the system numerous times and I am still stumped! I am hoping someone can point me towards the correct programs to run to accomplish the following basic things:

1) Assign all of the stations to ring on an incoming CO call! Seems simple but no matter what I have tried, only station 100 rings and flashes the MWI. The flexible buttons on the other stations that correspond to CO1 and station 100 flash at the other stations but they dont ring or flash the MWI. I have tried grouping them every which way i could think of but the programming manual doesn't go into great feature detail and really just confuses me more.

2) Make it so when a station goes off-hook, it grabs the next available CO line without pressing 9. I have tried adding the stations to group "2" and even when station 100 seems to grab CO1 and I get a dialtone, as soon as I dial the number 4 to start dialing, it goes to fast busy.

In other words, I am just looking for how to make it function like a plain old PBX did out of the box years ago (before I dive into all of the other features).

I appreciate any guidance that anyone can provide.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You program the summit with a web browser either using a cross over cable or put it on a network with its own ip address and link to it. The password and programming information is in the admin manual.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
CO Ling Ring Assigment is PGM 144.

Idle Line Selection is PGM 121. You then have to go to PGM 111 and change "Prime Line" to "Hot" for each extension.
H

bdtprez Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks nfcphoneman, that is what i thought and what i have been trying but still no luck.

I re-initialized all databases again, disabled CO 2-74 in program 140 and in program 144, for CO1 I assigned stations 100-110 to all three (day/night/timed) with no delay. I have this: [100:0][101:0][102:0][103:0][104:0][105:0][106:0][107:0][108:0][109:0][110:0]. Still, incoming calls only ring and caller ID only shows at station 100. Any idea what i am missing?

In program 121, I set all the stations to CO line 1. In 111, I set all stations to HOT. Still when I pick up any extention, I get a fast busy and the message "Line 1 released".

I appreciate any insight anyone can provide. I have tried everything i can think and have read.

On a defaulted system, the lines should ring on any phone that you program in 144. Here are a few things to look at:

Are you programming via the web-portal or via a phone?

In PGM 144 is the "Station Range" bubble have the dot in it? In other words, is that the active attribute?

In PGM 140 is the "CO Type" set to "Normal"?

In PGM 117, all extensions should have access to all CO Groups. Is this true in your system?

In PGM 140, by default, all CO Lines should be in CO Group 1. Is this true in your system?

bdtprez Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you so much nfcphoneman!
I am programming VIA web portal. I guess I failed to mention that each time i initialized, i did so with DIP switch #2 off. I was worried from something i had read that I may risk losing licensing information but i was at the end of my rope. With your definitive answer I got the guts to do it and apparently something in programs 101-104 was the issue. I immediately added the stations in pgm 144 and all are ringing and showing CID info! Thank you so very much! This Thanksgiving, i am thankful for this message board! Happy holidays everyone!

Glad you got it working. BTW, I've never lost a license on an E-LG product. Even if you have to replace a dead memory battery the license is still there.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,765 Shoretel
187,581 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 67 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024