web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#626183 12/11/18 10:03 AM
tylan Offline OP
OP Offline
I've inherited a SV8100 R9.5 with 7 sites connected to the primary via netlink. Sites are connected via VPN. I have two sites that have started complaining about frequent reboots. They say it happens almost daily. I had them log it for about two weeks and it seems to be between 12 PM and 1 PM. The other office is claiming about 10 AM daily. I don't have logs for the second office. I'm assuming there's some latency around that part of the day. That wouldn't surprise me with a cable internet connection. As far as I know this is a relatively new issue. One of those offices also complains about the phones ringing and no one is there / no caller id, but I don't think that would likely be related.

After digging I have seen numerous posts that essentially blame the internet for being unreliable. I'm fine with it being related to the connectivity, but we have fairly fast VPNs with just a few users at that site.... Is there a setting to make the remote SVs a little more tolerant of a short "blip" in the internet connection? What can be done?

Last edited by tylan; 12/11/18 10:14 AM.

Business IT & Telephony Solutions
https://www.dsitechservices.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Tylan - here are the settings for the NetLink keep-alive. Maybe this will help.

51-05-01 : Timer Settings for NetLink – Keep Alive Interval
Set the interval (1~3600) for the secondary SV8100 to send the Keep Alive packet to the Primary SV8100 to confirm communication.

51-05-02 : Timer Settings for NetLink – Keep Alive Response Waiting Time
The secondary SV8100 waits this time (0, 5~10800) for response to the Keep Alive packet to confirm communication with Primary SV8100. If no response is received, Fail- Over occurs. A setting of 0 disables this and the SV8100 waits indefinitely for a response from the Primary SV8100.

This one may be of interest as well.

51-05-07 : Timer Settings for NetLink – Communications Socket Refresh Timer
If the IP connection becomes unstable and communication is lost (keep-alive function does not work), the SV8100 retries the connection at this time (20~3600).

tylan Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I'll check these settings. I'm assuming just increase the timing on by a few seconds.... Any suggestions?

Yes I would adjust just the problem sites, a little bit at a time. You could cause more headaches with these settings.

Tylan,
What are your certifications on the SV8100?
Are you a NEC dealer or reseller?

We get old too soon, smart too late
tylan Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by dans
Tylan,
What are your certifications on the SV8100?
Are you a NEC dealer or reseller?

No NEC affiliations or certs. Actually, I unwillingly inherited this from the IT guy that moved on. The company that installed has since closed. My certifications are on Vertical & Comdial lines. I've just been maintaining this system off and on for a few months. I have access to manuals, but that's it. From my searching, it seems like this problem is common when the netlink runs over the internet. If there's a software update that is needed we will need to find an NEC dealer outside of our area.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024