web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
They started charging by selling "Tokens" for support on systems out of warranty.
Now, they are charging 350.00 per quarter for support!
Not a smart business move IMHO

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It will be interesting too see what happens if many of the reseller's including myself don't participate in this new program. I would like to continue to sell esi but why not put that $1400 toward equipment purchase instead.

This is very disappointing. We have been a ESI reseller for years. We have several systems with warranty left on the units. When we asked them about that they said some other company would take care of the warranty but not us since we no longer will be a dealer. What they don't understand is that we sold the system from our companies reputation not ESI's.
So goodbye ESI.

Last edited by tjsr; 02/19/19 04:06 PM.
Three or 4 years ago I had and ESI rep contact me about pitching their hosted product. when I asked about their PBXs their response was why do you want to sell equipment? So even at that point they didn't care about equipment sales or for that matter, dealers

St Petersburg
Now that Samsung is going away I was going to look into ESI but not for $1400.00 a year I’m not, I guess it’s NEC now

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Panasonic appears to be staying strong in the TDM market for now without such silly requirements. Same for Vertical Communications. Both are perfect plug-for-plug replacements for existing Partner systems. Why anyone would want to replace a perfectly-good Partner system is beyond me, but then again, this jump to hosed (oops, I meant hosted) leaves me shaking my head as well.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Yes, very disappointing.
The ESI Comm Servers are a great product that offers a lot of bang for the buck and does IP about as efficient as any manufacture on the market today.
Just seems as if some bean counters are getting greedy IMHO.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Wait...Samsung is getting out of the phone system market?

Justin

I just contacted ESI to have my Tech ID restored from my last employer. I left under good terms, they gave me all the mom and pop locations, some are ESI. But all my tech info was with them. They are glad to reinstate my tech info for $x.xx per quarter and to buy a small esi and phones system from them. I think the ESI is a great small system. But wondering if it worth their pricy cost per year.
I would think if i start then drop my quarterly fee they probably wack me again ? Any comments.
Thanks Gary S.

Gary Stevens
Sad they hold ex dealers hostage. I am only an ex dealer because the product is old and cannot compete in my market. CS server. NEC whips their ass on everything!. Their game plan is to convert traditional CS clients to hosted!, Great thing to do, and is the future. Problem is the dealer agreement to do such. Read the agreement, as you build this base, SIP trunks, or hosted, if you fail to continue to meet your commitments, you lose all your residuals you built. I am miffed on why anyone would be so dumb to sign such an agreement. Their hosted first off does have "diferentiators" a staple of ESI. But seriously, at the cost they charge and your residual, bad deal!Then, when they get a hair up their ass, they cut you out! My hosted solution returns 50% profit!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024