Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#627480 02/18/19 11:16 AM
John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings,
I have an OS 7400 I need to change the SVMI, OAS, and MP IP addresses to match the new IP scheme of the client. What is the best way to do it? Change the OAS and SVMI first with OSDM and then change the MP address with MMC telset programming or do them all with telset? We are making the changes to include this system into an existing Spnet network with 4 other systems.
Thanks as always,
John 807

John 807
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
If you even say 'IP Address' loud enough for the KSU to hear you, you'll have to do a reset. For every IP address you change.

I'd download a copy of programming, make all my changes offline, then reload the data base and do one reset.If you can't reconnect with DM, then you can monkey around with a keyset.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
You don't have to do a reset until you change the address for the processor. I would do the OAS and SVMi cards first then do the processor and then reboot it. All the changes will then take affect. Note that the OAS cards will automatically reset once you save the new address in them.

John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for everything, I changed both systems IP addresses on Saturday those two systems are talking to one another now to merge in the other 4 with SpNet. Just might have to play with the numbering plan a little bit. Thanks again.

John 807

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,948 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024