Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#62773 07/27/09 08:13 AM
racer x Offline OP
OP Offline
Qwest says it's our Axxess System (ver 9) causing a fast busy when calling into our new LD T1 we just got installed.

The circuit works fine for outbound, so I presume the card is OK.

The tech from Qwest asks if we need it set for "Real Time ANI" and says it is either *DNIS or *DNIS*ANI - I have no clue which is needed or how to set it in our system.

I don't trust Qwest when they say it's our system, and how could our Inter-tel system throw a Fast Busy signal?

The tech also says it's hitting our trunk group setup in the system, but our Real-Time Reporter doesn't show a call coming in and how can they see the trunk in our system?

I got the trunk group setup to hit our call routing table for inbound calls and the tech gave me the DNIS the call is supposed to be coming in on, but it never gets that far - I don't think.

Any ideas or thoughts? I'm not all that familiar with T1 settings, so maybe it is something on my end. All help is truly appreciated.

Rx

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#62774 07/27/09 08:23 AM
it's done at the individual trunk screen, service type, we are running one that is DNIS...hope that helps. if your t1's don't match on everyting, signalling, framing, etc it will throw a busy-back out, it's offline.

#62775 07/28/09 01:10 AM
It's a matter of matching your T1 settings with what the carrier is sending. Sometimes the hardest part is speaking the same language, so you can figure out what those settings are!

Since you mention ANI, let’s start there. Automatic Number Identification (ANI) is basically caller ID, the number that the call originates from. Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS) is the number that the caller dialed, one of your numbers riding the T1. When combined, you can identify and route the inbound calls. The most common format is *ANI*DNIS*, so let’s go down that path.

Starting at the beginning, go to the T1 card under System/Cabinets. Assign each circuit as an E&M trunk. Double click on the trunk, and you’ll see more options. Start Type will most likely be Wink, check with your carrier to confirm. For service type, select *ANI*DNIS*. Under Number of Digits to Receive, enter the number of digits being sent by the carrier. This number should match the number of digits entered in your Call Routing Table.

In the Call Routing Table, make sure the last two entries are + and E. Label + as DNIS RANGE and E as NO DNIS. If the carrier presents calls with the wrong DNIS or no DNIS, this will help you identify the problem.

#62776 07/28/09 04:45 AM
racer x Offline OP
OP Offline
The Qwest tech called me this morning and confessed to not having the T1 set correctly to what I specified. She did the changes and it works perfectly now.

I figured that what it was, but I do appreciate the info and assistance.

Do we need to mark this day on the calendar? Telco actually admitted to have done something wrong AND corrected the mistake within 48 hours! Never thought I would experience such a thing.

Thanks all,

Rx

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,510 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024