web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#628813 04/04/19 02:30 PM
Jared R Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a quick question about connecting something to my BCM phone system. I had just recently bought a Indyme MTS messaging and telephone server. I’m wondering if someone can point me in the direction of a wiring diagram. I have one at my place of employment that’s connected to a 66 block that’s not in use anymore but it’s to complicated to trace with all of the wires. Any info would be cool. Thanks, Jared.

Last edited by Jared R; 04/04/19 02:30 PM.
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Online Content
I would presume you need to speak with Indyme or read its install manual to see what is required such as digital or analog station ports and which systems it is compatible with.

Note that all documentation is on the BCM itself for download which would include the wiring diagram.

Basically starting left to right is 4 Analog Trunks, 4 Analog Stations with some spares and paging, MOH etc then the last 12 are Digital Stations.

Edit: I refer to the more advanced BIX which came out over 40 years ago, so for the ancient 66 Block that would mean "starting from the top"

grin

Last edited by Curlycord; 04/04/19 03:08 PM.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Online Content
It appears that is does use Analog Station ports then that would be BP 5 to 8 or Wh/Slate to Red/Grn

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Jared R Offline OP
OP Offline
Excellent, thanks for the info!!

Online Content
I just narrowed it down even more while you were posting, see me previous post.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Jared R Offline OP
OP Offline
Awesome, I really appreciate it!

Jared R Offline OP
OP Offline
Just out of curiosity, can you PM me the link with the info you told me about with the connection to the BCM from the MTS server with a 66 block? I looked everywhere for a install manual but had no luck. If this is possible that would be awesome! Thank you!

Online Content

Per my first post you need to contact the people whom make the Indyme MTS messaging server and acquire documentation from them for the particular model you have (you did not mention model).

There is no documentation on the BCM to connect the MTS as they are not related to each other.

The BCM is it's own Telephony Server with it's own Voice Mail system, 3rd party voice mails usually connect via it's analog ports or the digital ports via the VMI module (Norstar models)

So you need to find out what Indyme MTS messaging server requires for connection (Trunks, Analog, Network, SIP etc) then read the BCM docs to see it's diagrams etc.

BCM documentation:

The BCM OAM network port is IP 10.10.11.1 Subnet 255.255.255.252
That would be the first port from the left.

If you change your laptop IP to IP 10.10.11.2 Subnet 255.255.255.252 then connect to the OAM port and enter 10.10.11.1 in the web browser (IE 11) you will find all the software and docs.
You will need to login with nnadmin and the default password (if left at default).

BCM Installation and Maintenance Guide, then look for RJ-21 telephony connector wiring chart

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

Jared R Offline OP
OP Offline
Will do, Thanks!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 131 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024