web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#629132 04/16/19 12:15 PM
OP Offline
Hey all,

We are looking to get into selling Avaya. Needing a bit of advice. Wondering what distributors you all use and what your experience with everything has been? Also who possibly provides the best support, aside from the wonderful people here on the forums. Any advice or pointers would be great. We have mainly just dealt with Partner and Magix systems but not we are gonna full dive into Avaya as our main system. So could use all the advice we can get.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Are you an Avaya Business Partner? You can't legally sell Avaya unless you are. Support comes from training and experience, not asking questions on the internet or from your supplier. If you are going to sell a product you need to be able to solve any problem when you encounter it, not tell the customer "I'll be back tomorrow" then try to find the answer on the internet.

That said, in my opinion you missed the bus by 10 years anyway. Manufacturers of on-premises phone systems are dropping like flies, latest is Samsung. This is a dying industry. How long do you think the Avaya IPO is going to last? I don't know that I would put all that effort and money into something and have them pull the plug in a couple of years.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Actually we have become an Avaya business partner. We have diverted from the unfortunate Samsung demise. We have been selling Samsung for over 2 decades. So now we are trying to get to another solution. We know the process of training and experience. We are not new to the industry. Just jumping from one sinking ship to another one that's not in a worse position. Hence my question as to who everyone is using as a dependable distributor and support. We are wanting to make sure that we give our customers the best service possible.

Ok, fair enough. Catalyst or Jenne.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
If you are already a Avaya BP, then use that distributor, but like Hal said, Why, IP Ofiice will not be around much longer..

Moderator-Avaya
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya
IP Office is not going anywhere.
If you are an Avaya BP, you are free to go to any distributor you want to.

Between Jenne and Catalyst/Scansource i would say Jenne if you are an IP Office partner, and Scansource if you are more enterprise....

Admin
Admin
I have to laugh at the "not going anywhere" line. Who would have thought that Toshiba, Samsung, Nortel, or Panasonic (DBS, TDA/TDE series) were going to go?

I guess they'll be here until they're not. But we all know that.

Carl

OP Offline
Wasn't trying to start a debate here. Just needed a bit of insight. Reason we are going with IP Office is because our customer base isn't tailored to the new age era of hosted or other solutions. While we are trying to break from the norm a bit we still have to make sure we give them something that is dependable and working well. So between NEC and Avaya, we chose the later.

With that being said, trying to find a good distributor with good support is a big deal.

What has been your experience with Jenne? We have attempted to use them for buying some other stuff like cable and other things and have not had a good experience. Some of their sales reps do not respond in a timely manner.

This is not to debate or anything but this is how it seemed to work in our area. Originally I would have agreed with the idea that on site is dying whole heartedly. The "Hosted" IP came in hard and heavy and promised a lot and then some things could not be delivered, This in and of itself could be another long discussion. Moving on, we got a huge influx of customers back that wanted the in house systems back due to the issues with internet based "Hosted". mostly because of the idea of the trouble like an internet line being cut, router going down, rerouting of data packets due to an outage and the response being too high, or worse yet the movement of a phone and 911 being called to the wrong location (yes the last did actually happen). Those that came back wanted something hybrid ON SITE, so we have deployed may SIP trunk based systems with POTS or PRI backup.

Toshiba, Samsung, Nortel, and Panasonic (DBS, TDA/TDE series) sold and continued to sell 30 year old technology.

The future, at this point, is with an "In House" IP-PBX and SIP Trunks.

Hosted Service may work for some, but old time multi line Key System users struggle with it and the lack of "On Site" training and support kills it.

"Reason we are going with IP Office is because our customer base isn't tailored to the new age era of hosted or other solutions."
Really?
Any sharp, professional Telecom salesperson can shoot down digital key systems all day long.
That's because your customer may not know how VOIP can improve their business and you sure didn't tell them what they are missing.

Don't think so?
How many customers have you lost to modern VOIP Technology?
(and I don't mean hosted)

Why did a customer, that you serviced for many years, buy a VOIP system from their IT Guy instead of your system?

For the same reason they have computers instead of RoloDexs and typewriters.

"While we are trying to break from the norm a bit we still have to make sure we give them something that is dependable and working well."
Well, you sure do not want to offer Avaya (IP Office).
Long time Techs here in the US and UK know where this product is going. Something about a snowball and a hill....
Just go to tek-tips.com and look over the Avaya IP Office forum.

NEC?
Don't get me started....
It is sold to alarm companies, electricians and anyone with a pulse, credit card and a box of wire.
Maybe plumbers too. You never know.
They will be your lowball price competition.

Have you ever seen an install done by either???
It is like they never heard of Punch Blocks...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024