web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#629654 05/06/19 09:30 AM
OP Offline
I'm not real familiar with the Toshiba IPedge Messaging system. I am certified with the CIX line and the associated voicemails. However, this IPEdge is proving to be difficult.

Currently the calls ring in via a SIP trunk to a multiple call group. They want to change it so it routes to a greeting and then have it play options where they can choose an option 1 or 2 to route to two different Multiple call groups or if it times out to either play the greeting again or default to option 1.

The Department - properties Auto Attendant conversion table does not allow for anything other than Dir Assistance, Application, Repeat or route to a mailbox where you leave a message. Pretty useless.

I could route it to a custom mailbox but then it just dumps into that mailbox and it leaves a message if the caller doesn't press an option, which is not what I want either.

I'd love to hear ideas from anyone. I'm at a loss.

Thank you

Jerry

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You could do this like in the Stratagy, where you would create a voicemail box for each MCG. In the conversion table you would select that mailbox in the department conversion table. In this case you would probably want assign that MCG voicemail box a new COS that doesn't store messages 90 messages allowed).

Unfortunately each MCG would take a voicemail license. In later version of 1.7.X Toshiba finally gave department conversion tables the ability to transfer to an extension without using a voicemail box.

The other way is a bit more complicated. Basically you would change the mailbox type of the custom voicemail to a script mailbox. A script mailbox adds a lot of flexibility, bu you would need to learn a lot more about how to create scripts before you could get it to work correctly.

Administrator
Administrator
Have to use script mailboxes

Originally Posted by newtecky
...a new COS that doesn't store messages 90 messages allowed).
That was a mis-type. It should have said .."a new COS that doesn't store messages (0 messages allowed)."

OP Offline
I was hoping you wouldn't say to use script mailboxes. I was doing some reading over the weekend and they seem a bit confusing. Unfortunately we don't have a house system to practice on and we only have 2 of these systems out there in the field. The manual didn't have a user friendly feel to it.

Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted by iatech3800
I was hoping you wouldn't say to use script mailboxes. I was doing some reading over the weekend and they seem a bit confusing. Unfortunately we don't have a house system to practice on and we only have 2 of these systems out there in the field. The manual didn't have a user friendly feel to it.
I can do a team viewer session and help you set it up.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Script mailbox is the way to go and quite simple once you suss out the basics.

Do you have a diagram or description of how the AA is to operate? I can give you a quote to do it for you if that helps you out?
Just send me a PM with the details. Can the system be accessed remotely?

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Originally Posted by newtecky
You could do this like in the Stratagy, where you would create a voicemail box for each MCG. In the conversion table you would select that mailbox in the department conversion table. In this case you would probably want assign that MCG voicemail box a new COS that doesn't store messages 90 messages allowed).

Unfortunately each MCG would take a voicemail license. In later version of 1.7.X Toshiba finally gave department conversion tables the ability to transfer to an extension without using a voicemail box.

The other way is a bit more complicated. Basically you would change the mailbox type of the custom voicemail to a script mailbox. A script mailbox adds a lot of flexibility, bu you would need to learn a lot more about how to create scripts before you could get it to work correctly.

So I was able to get this working by taking your advice. Created a MCG mailbox for each option and programmed in the department conversion table.

I'll try and learn the scripting mailbox portion for future changes though.

Thanks everyone!

Jerry

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 171 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024