web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi,

As I don't have any logical access to it, other than physical access, I don't know the firmware/software levels.

I've downloaded the "OfficeServ Manager" and the "Installation Tool" from Samsung to try and get more info on the appliance.

Using "Installation Tool" I can browse a few system files, and the oldest ones are from 2012, which is consistent with the information I got from the finance department regarding what year the appliance was bought.

I don't know if it was ever upgraded.

Is there a way I can see that information you requested?

When looking at the front of the appliance, you have 6 modules. 3 on top and 3 below. The one on the top left corner has a label "MP20".

Is that what you mean regarding the processor?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Mp20 is the processor.
This means you have a os7200

If you can get into customer level programming, go to mmc727, this will tell you the version of the mp20 software.

It could be anything from 4.30 to 5.01, likely older unless it was upgraded.

Officeserv manager is no good to you.
Installation tool depending on the version of the mp20 software may help.

Since you have a mp20 you should be able to contact tech support and they can give you the temp code to reset the password.
The sio method doesn't apply to your system.

This has been extremely frustrating. I've called Samsung support on Portugal, Brazil, UK, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and the US and no one seems able to point me in the right direction.

The support from the otehr countries don't even go further because they say this system was not sold (and therefore supported) in their region.

It seems it was/is sold mainly in the US. I've tried calling the US support phone number, listed on their webpage, but the experience has been dreadful. Two times they told me to call other regions, close to where I live (Namibia and South Africa) and the other time the support rep was able to provide me (after 20 mins on hold on an international line) with a SAMSUNG phone number that *might* be able to help me. Called that number without any luck as no one picks it up.

I have worked with several different types of corporate hardware (servers, storage, network, voip, pbx, access points, battery systems) and never ever have I found a piece of equipment that would not allow resetting the administrative passwords via physical access to the equipement.

This is a first, and is very frustrating. Feel like smashing the thing to pieces. This experience with SAMSUNG support it adding to this sentiment.

Do you happen to know any support line and can call to?

There is one way you can tell what version of software it is that you have without going into programming. If you are on site. You can remove the sd card and put it into a reader on a laptop or pc. Look at the files in the sd card. There is a MPS_Vxxx.pgm. This file will have a number after the V. That will be what software version you are on.

Hi Biztel,

I actually managed to do the same yesterday using the "Installation Tool" software. It has a "File Control" option/button that allows me to browse the files and which ones are being used on the boot process.

The file name is MPS_V470.PGM, hence version 4.70.

So you can use file control on IT software without actually logging into the system? IT doesn't work on v4.70 you have to use DM 4.7 or later for it. If you attempt to use any lower DM it will tell you invalid password even though it's not because you can't select the encrypted option. This became enabled during 4.65 software for security purposes.

YEs. On IT I can brose the files without logging in. If I select "Connect" on IT it then asks me the Tenant password.

Browsing the files I see two MPS files. The (I'm assuming) original one, MPSV460B.PGM file (withouth the boot option enabled) dated from the year 2012, and the more recent one (MPS_V470PGM) dated from 2013 and with the boot option enabled.

There is also a file USR.DB (Which I'm using it's where the user accounts are kept). If so, are there not workarounds involving this file? Another files I have access to that might be of interest are the SYS.DB and STARTUP.INI

When using DM v5, I'm also requested to log on.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Usr.db and sys.db do not contain user account information.
Startup.ini tams the system which of the 2 files on the sd card to boot from.

You will need the mmc reset method to reset the admin password.

You will need to either contact a dealer or tech support to obtain the method.

Can you PM me the process to reset the DM password on a 7100?

Hello Everyone, can someone send me the instructions on how to reset the admin (DM) password for an OfficeServ 7200? My clients reseller/support company went out of business so I cannot contact them. And also the Samsung support number is no longer working. Thanks!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024