web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi everybody.
I have the following issue: I have a router which is registring SIP trunks to the german telekom. I have routet the sip trunks to SIP users. In my SCM Compact I have programmed a route to my router. In the SCMC I can see that the route is registered. Also I see in my router that the SIP user is registered by the SCMC. I can make outgoing calls from my SMT-i phones. This works. But when I make an incomig call, I see in the event viewer of the SCMC: illegal call try.
When I call from another SIP user of my router to the SP user, which is registered as a SIP trunk at the SCMC, this is working. My phone is ringing and I can talk.
Unfortunateli I can not register a route dirctly from the SCMC to the german telekom. I tried a lot of settings in the route but no success. For your information: my router is a lancom 1781VA with ALL-IP option.
What I don't understand is the illegal call try. Has somebody an idea. Thnks!

Last edited by pweirich; 07/18/16 10:50 AM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
The illegal call try is because you don't have the SBC configured properly to allow inbound SIP (5060) traffic from the carrier.

OP Offline
I do not use the SBC of the SCM. I handle all the functions of SBC on my router.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Are you running it in WAN and LAN mode? or LAN only?

OP Offline
only LAN
What I forgot to say: I tried about 30 calls and 1 call comes through and the SMT-i phone was ringing. I tried again and I got illegal cll try in the event viewer.

Last edited by pweirich; 07/19/16 01:59 AM.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Sip trunks in lan only is a pain especially If your carrier uses more than one ip address for sip.. You will have to get Korea involved and have them set it up. They got mine working but they did have to do some work in the sbc even though lan only doesn't need it.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
What we've been told is that in creating the SBC they broke basic nat (os7000 private with public).

So you need the SBC until they release the version that fixes that.

If your sip provider uses a different ip address/domain in the invite header than you have configured in your route you will get this error.

This will be fixed in a later version of software we're told.

The work around is to create multiple routes with the ip address' in the domain field of the route (or disable SIP ACL and do the filtering on your router)

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Nameless, there is also an issue with using the default 5060 ports for signalling when running LAN only. There is a patch that has to be loaded via FTP and run from the terminal. 1.5 is out and is supposed to fix a lot of the problems, time will tell.

OP Offline
I tried today a lot of different adjustments in the route concerning SIP.
When I dissable MULTIPLE REGISTRATION it works. Incoming calls are working very well.
When I switch to Enable MULTIPLE REGISTRATION, it doesn't work.
I tried differnt DOMAIN NAMES: IP Adress of the router, domain of the router also ug1.scm.com, which I also programmed in the router as domain. No success. I tried differnt adjustments in Aditional SIP like SIP P-asserted-ID Type and contact header format, but no success. Everytime when I changed something in SCM, I made a new registration of the route. I use in the SCM Firmware 1.5.004. I had made different traces, which I will sent to Korea. Perhaps I get a solution or anybody has another idea.

Last edited by pweirich; 07/20/16 11:13 AM.
Thanks guys, after buying the SBC licenses it still didn't work, in fact it lost registration, then when back to using without SBC and after reading this thread, changing the name to the address of the SIP server, bingo. Worked immediately.

Now if I could just get it to choose the Alternative Route 1 when the Direct route is disabled... Another post for a new thread.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024