web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#631213 07/18/19 09:53 AM
OP Offline
a employee took outvtheir frustration by cutting the CO cable to Mitel SX200 LM.

I am reversing the damage, a little blind.1st Q, lines appear to have come into slot 4 or slot 8, and I have wire codes. Have the former active lines patched.

What does the FIR ? in slot 4 control of first cabinet control.

I am bringing in new circuit lines, loop start NOT ground start. What card needs to process them, and where are the switches or pins to configure the card for loop start in the documentation?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

River Basin #631258 07/19/19 06:31 PM
I'm sorry, what is an SX200 LM? You need to be more descriptive of your problem.( What does the FIR ? in slot 4 control of first cabinet control.) What does that even mean?

River Basin #631260 07/19/19 06:58 PM
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Seems like if you just repair/replace the CO cable you should be fine.

As to: "I am bringing in new circuit lines, loop start NOT ground start. What card needs to process them, and where are the switches or pins to configure the card for loop start in the documentation." that is a completely different issue and you need a certified Mitel tech or have a lot of experience programming the switch.

Your questions are above the normal scope of this board, generally:

"The board is intended to assist two types of members, end users and professional telephone technicians (installers). If you are a novice or a do-it-yourself end user looking for advanced assistance with a system install, you should post your question with as much detail as possible and expect a response from a qualified installer who can take your issue off the board and answer your questions via private message, email or over the telephone. You should expect to pay a fee to compensate the installer for their time, experience and help. If the technician chooses to help you for free, that is totally up to the technician. You can also send a PM or email to any of the moderator(s) of the forum in which you need assistance if additional assistance is needed. Again, you should expect to pay for any technical assistance offered."

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
OP Offline
I am a Mitel tech, but seldom work on this equipment, largely out of hotel service for a long long time. Never did support the SX200 LM, or better known as SX200 RM. Have limited time, and down customer really wanting to get something going. So I was sleuthing how the lines came into the system, and it appears they were pathed to slot 4, a ONS/CLASS LINE (12CCT) 9109-110-001-NA

My reaction is this card is repeatedly used through the system in a station application, not CO lines. Typical hotel, lots of analog motel phones.

Nearby are a couple LS/ GS cards, not installed, so did someone pull the card from other likely slot, number 8 that the cut amphenol cable would have routed to, and terminated in the LS/GS card. Then I need to find the documentation on that card, and set it up for CO loop start, not GS. The prior lines were coming in via internet, through an ADTRAN, then routed to the cut 50 pair line.

Since that occurence (the sabotage), the new carrier is a cable provider, and the lines would appear to be similar to the ADTRAN digital to analog modem lines from a local telecom provider. We are on Mediacom lines as of this week for first time. Medicom is a cable provider with faster internet and likely more stable than the small local internet provider who has been having many outages to many customers on a near constant basis these days. I think that pushed the client to switch.

In the detail on the Mitel SX200 LM documetation which is the book for the RM system, you find detail on the slot 4 of primary cabinet, which is where I found the term I asked about. Just need a weekend to bone up on this book, see if I can dig out the answer on how to configure the lines, and which card must be used for the incoming lines. When I tried a LS/GS card in card slot 8, I had a administrator error light. But no programming had been done. Customer indicates issues accessing anything from console as well. So we have just a few problems to solve.

I have to study the cabling more, maybe the console was on slot 4 on the ONS/ CLASS LINE card, and the CO lines came in on slot 8 to the LS/GS card. I know there is detail in that big manual on slot 4 regarding control of the system. All other cabling is intact, and all other amphenol cables are connected to the PBX.

River Basin #631266 07/20/19 10:06 AM
Ok, I'm sorry. What a mess, good luck! And I'm pretty sure a console doesn't run on a Ons card!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024