web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi Guys.

I received my 2682a Call Director yesterday and it has some bugs and hopefully you guys can help me it.

Issue 1, Line 3 will not hang up when you hand up the headset. Now the phone does have a 2 prong headset plug on the side, but its not in use.

Issue 2, Line 4 will not light up at all, it will pick up the phone but the lamp will not light up... Yes I have changed the bulbs.

Both issues happen when I plug in ether amp connector.

Also any way to move the buzzer on the first amp? Its not working but the 6th button on row 2 does light up. Or just connect the buzzer to the pair that is lighting up the 6th button on row 2.

I have looked over the 502-612-425 Bell system practice and it's just a bit more complex then I can understand.

So I am hoping these issues can be easily fixed but moving some connections around.....

Also does any one have a extra key strip for sale that I can install in row 3?

I have attached some photos.

Thank you so much...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by morephones; 07/18/19 10:43 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
UPDATE:

I tried the phone on another amp connector to my KSU issue 2 is resolved..

It must be some type of feature that the line stays lit when you hang up the headset until you push the clear button at the top to release the button. I did find out that the line does disconnect when you hang up the receiver but the line lamp stays lit.

Also I found some type of relay/switch behind the dial pad and it clicks when you push a button for a line, so I don't know if that has something do with the lamp not going out when you hang up the receiver.

Still need help with the buzzer.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I’m not sure I understand. The buzzer should be wired to a signaling pair (usually Y/O, sometimes Y/G or Y/Brown) and is activated by a DICM or by a signaling key.
Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
OP Offline
Hi Sam,

It seems that buzzer pair is wired for the 6th pickup key on the 2nd row as the lamp comes on when it buzzes. This happens on the 2nd amp connector. I'm hoping that I can move the buzzer pair on the second amp connector so I can get it to work or figure out what connector number on the main board so I can connect the buzzer.

Is it normal for the line lamp to stay lit when you hang up the receiver until you push the clear button by the amber key?

Since your call director also is wired for headset operation, activating the headset button may cause the depressed PU button to remain lit. The Release button when pressed should restore the depressed PU button to the up position, causing lamp to go out. Hope this helps (works this way on my CD).

OP Offline
I was wondering if it worked like that or not..

If I can get the buzzer wired on the wired on the right pair.

Thanks

OP Offline
UPDATE:

Good news!!!! I got the buzzer working on the first amp connector by using the Y-G pair that was wrap up in a yellow sleeve. Thank god I found Greg Ercolano's post about his call director....

> Issue 1, Line 3 will not hang up when you [hang] up the headset.
> Now the phone does have a 2 prong headset plug on the side, but its not in use.

Odd that only one line won't hang up, while I take it others do?

It does seem like the signal path for that line that's supposed to get cut out by the
hookswitch is somehow being bypassed.

I'll try taking a look at the wiring diagrams, but they kinda make my head spin too..
have to be pretty motivated to dig into those.

> Issue 2, Line 4 will not light up at all, it will pick up the phone but the lamp will not light up...
> Yes I have changed the bulbs.

Probably a broken wire for the lamp circuit somewhere. You may have to trace those wires out
to see if a solder came loose or something. I would check the wires for the lamps going to the strip,
and to the terminal board to make sure they're intact. With the phone detached from the KSU,
I'd take a volt meter in OHM/continuity mode, and check between the terminal lug and the connection
to the strip to see if maybe the crimp connector isn't working right. Also check the amphenol connector
to see if there's maybe dirt on pins 12 + 37 (orange/black pair), which I think are the lamp wires for line 4. You can try also
using the volt meter between pin 12 and the lamp connections on the terminal strip to check for continuity.
IIRC, both wires should go straight from the amp connector to the lamps, I don't *think* there's any switching
for the lamps in the phone.

> using the volt meter between pin 12 and the lamp connections on the terminal strip

..oh, and check pin 37 the same way too. Pin 12 and pin 37 on the amp connector should
run all the way to the lamp socket for line 4, IIRC. Here's the schematic for amphenol #1
on the call director 2636 (I couldn't find a wiring diagram for your 2682a offhand):

[Linked Image from seriss.com]

According to the wiring diagram, these wires don't make a stop on the terminal board,
the O-BK pair goes straight from the amp connector to the lamps.

However, in your photo #3, I /think/ I see the O-BK wire going from the button strip
to the terminal board (screw lug #29?) And I don't see the BK-O wire in the photo
(perhaps it's obscured). Anyway, might be some special wiring in your phone that
needs fixing.. but I'd wait until someone comes up with the actual 2682a wiring diagram,
as it might have different wiring involving the terminal board. If you have one you found,
post it and I can try to read it for you if you can't.

OP Offline
Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for your help. I did get the buzzer to work..... I found out what was causing the line lamp to stay lit, it has something to do with the headset like [email protected] said. I found the bell system practice for the call director 502-612-425 and it had something to do with the relay that is above the dial pad. I disconnected the relay by disconnecting the slate/white pair. So it sounds like it was a feature to have the line lamp to stay lit unti you hit the clear button to release the line if you are using the headset.

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord), 77 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024