web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Not007 Offline OP
OP Offline
I’m helping out a non-profit who has a Telrad system thats around 18 years old.(I take care of computers and know little about phone systems but they asked me to look at it.

Normally an incoming call gets answered by the auto attendant. But now it just rings. And we found that calling another extension does not get the voicemail.

Looking at the box in the basement, I think I hear a faint clicking (from the hard drive?)

They realize They have to get a new system but for the short term is there a way to program all the phones to ring when there’s an incoming call? Right now the line lights are flashing green on all the phones but no sound. If they see it flashing, they can answer it. But not everybody’s watching the phone all the time to answer

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you try and reboot the voicemail? To reprogram the ringing you would need to know what version you are, have that version software and know where to re config the data base. Alot to ask for someone who has not done it before. There likely is a Telrad knowlegable person in your area, just need to find them.

TG
Not007 Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow! Thanks! I saw the last post in this forum was in Feb? Figured no one's here : )

Reboot the voicemail? I shut down the whole box, reseated the cards to the backplane, blew off dust, looked for failed components. reseated the amphenol connectors

there is a button on the IPEX1 that someone made a point to label 'reset button'., I forgot to ask someone about that.

But after the reboot, same problem - AA doesn't answer and voicemail doesn't pick up an extension... the call just keeps ringing.

They had verizon forward incoming calls to someone's cell phone for now. I hadn't thought of that. After hearing that, I mentioned I think we can set up google voice, have verizon forward to that number and then enter several people's cell numbers in google voice to ring all the phones at the same time.

A kluge, but it buys them some time.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Voice mail is shot. Needs to be replaced

Administrator
Administrator
I know I'm late to the game but if to have a monitor and keyboard to connect to the IPeX I can help you try to get it going. If the IPeX is connected to the network you can putty into it also.

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024